• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm a murderer

Steverooo

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
The innkeeper is still around. Luckily Red checked out as we left the place so the innkeeper has no questions for himself. However, the innkeeper is a loose end should anyone come to him with questions. I will have to deal with him.

So you're going to "correct" your mistake by repeating it? Shift that alignment over to Evil, there, Ex-Buddy! I always knew your Lawful-Greedy alignment would lead ya to a Bad End!

If anyone finds ol' Red, be up-front about it, admit to killing him in self-defense, as you couldn't pay the amount he was extorting you for. End of story...

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Frostmorrow, your first post sounds like a good start for a story hour! :)

(Do you have one out there for the character? Forgive me if you already do - I rarely have time to check as many out as I'd like).

jmichels

First Post
Yeah, Red's contacts shouldn't be much of a problem because they got robbed out of a bunch of money and probably are looking to do Red in. You may need to off that dwarf though because he knows too much.

You might not need to kill the innkeeper but it is always good to make sure. Since you are a rogue you might want to look into dipping his sheets or pillow in contact poison. If you do this make sure to spread rumors that the innkeeper is in an evil cult by planting an unholy symbol in his room.

Or you could simply start a careless fire in the dead of night that burns his inn down. Make sure to lock his door from the outside so he cannot escape. You would also need to lock his windows or shutters as well.

You definately need to find your horse and dispose of Red's horse carcass because they both can rat you out. If you do visit the scene of the crime make sure you are polymorphed or alter selfed (or wear a Hat of disguise) into a hobgoblin or something. Finally, you can buy an animate dead scroll and use magic device it to animate Red's corpse. That way he can't be a target of a speak with dead spell. Or simply bash Red's head up so he cannot communicate. Remove your bolts as well.

You need to definately turn evil. Feeling remorse and not doing everything you can to cover your tracks will see that you hang. If anyone confronts you with Red's murder deny everything and blame it on Hobgoblins. Or perhaps the innkeeper can be made to take the fall. Especially if he is an evil cultist.

Harmon

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
As I got home my friends were out and I spent the night drinking, crying, and flogging myself. I was in pretty bad shape when the rest of the guys got home and healed off my self inflicted punishment. Those clerics have no understanding for good old atonement by the whip. The rest of the gang have no idea that I'm now a murderer of the first degree.

Frostmarrow said:
But I will add an E to my alignment.

Why?

Evil people don't normally feel badly for killing someone.

Ya, you did what you did out of greed and that might be pushing the bounders, but is the character feeling guilty about his actions or relieved? If its the latter then go with the Evil, if he turns to the drink and can't stop feeling badly for what he did then it's a way to build onto the character.

D&D is limiting in the alignment area, don't forget even LG characters do things they regret (course they wouldn't murder out of greed- but that is just my take).

Frostmarrow

First Post
Bachus will feel remorse and seek atonement but he won't regret. His attempts at redemption will fall short. It will take far too long to wash the blood from off his hands. Evil is practical.

sad_genius

First Post
You clearly need to frame a NPC you hate for the murder. Read some Vance if you haven't already, and go with "what would Cujel do" as your maxim. Off course, if you follow this maxim to the letter, everything will go to (bad word) - but it will be highly amusing (bad word) ;)

M

Remove ads