I'm not allowed to watch Star Trek any more

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
5uuqqw.jpg

Dire Bare

Legend
Smart TV needs nothing connected.
True, of course. But if you don't already own one, a new TV isn't cheap. Even on Black Friday.

Personally, I can't survive modern society without my Roku connected to my dumb TV. I dream of upgrading to a giant smart TV someday.

But I have friends who just aren't into streaming who are hesitant to purchase new equipment like @Dannyalcatraz, they are just not excited enough about what's available. And . . . . while I don't entirely get the hesitance to pick up a $20 streaming stick, I can totally understand not wanted to spend hundreds on a new TV.

I have a buddy who's wife is, for some reason, severely opposed to all forms of streaming services, she views them like they are some sort of scam. So, since he follows orders like a good soldier, he misses out too on all of the great stuff that's only available streaming. For them, it isn't about purchasing new equipment or not being interested in the shows, it's opposition to the very idea of streaming. Weird.

Oh, and to get back on topic . . . . I'm going to go watch the Disco premiere and latest episode of Prodigy, followed by the Ready Room. On my Roku-connected dumb TV, via Paramount+. Sorry Morrus. :)

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah maybe in Kiwi land. My smart operates everything. Nothing but a power cord required.

Ours will up to a point but it's easier to use consoles all I'm saying.

Could buy a new one but can't physically fit a bigger TV. Think it's a Samsung.

coincidentally, I picked up a month of Paramount+ to watch the Star Trecks and have to say I can’t watch them anymore either. I’m so tired of everything being made more ”adult” cause we’re not on broadcast TV. one Of the cool things with old star trek was the family friendly…not so much now. I mean, doesn’t bother me watching, I can, but no longer something I can watch with my 8 yr old. And it adds so little the gore, the Klingon tits, all that. Whatever, I get most people like it, I’m just why? Add’s nothing to story.

Zardnaar

Legend
coincidentally, I picked up a month of Paramount+ to watch the Star Trecks and have to say I can’t watch them anymore either. I’m so tired of everything being made more ”adult” cause we’re not on broadcast TV. one Of the cool things with old star trek was the family friendly…not so much now. I mean, doesn’t bother me watching, I can, but no longer something I can watch with my 8 yr old. And it adds so little the gore, the Klingon tits, all that. Whatever, I get most people like it, I’m just why? Add’s nothing to story.

People grow up and they got bored with goody two shoes. Since the 90's the great shows are darker than something from the 80's.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Klingon what now?

Mallus

Legend
And it adds so little the gore, the Klingon tits, all that. Whatever, I get most people like it, I’m just why? Add’s nothing to story.
Ahem... Klingon cleavage was introduced to Star Trek during the TNG era via Lursa and B'Etor.

I agree the occasional forays into gore are unnecessary (I thought First Contact was a bit too violent for Trek). Disagree about the language though. That's actually kinda charming, especially when Tilly swears. Then again, I was raised in New Jersey. A place where Sopranos dialogue is more-or-less child appropriate because who are we effing kidding...

Your wife won't let you have it on?

Girlfriend, then?

You're not married, you don't have a girlfriend, and you're not allowed to watch Star Trek anymore? Good lord.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases