I'm not allowed to watch Star Trek any more

Ryujin

Legend
Lol, no, I know, but ffs will that issue ever be fixed?
"Enterprise" had the MACOs (Military Assault Command Operations) later on to deal with that issue, but had too many other issues.

Most Star Fleet ships presented in the various shows only have security officers, not actual marines, so it's not a "red shirt" thing.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
coincidentally, I picked up a month of Paramount+ to watch the Star Trecks and have to say I can’t watch them anymore either. I’m so tired of everything being made more ”adult” cause we’re not on broadcast TV. one Of the cool things with old star trek was the family friendly…not so much now. I mean, doesn’t bother me watching, I can, but no longer something I can watch with my 8 yr old. And it adds so little the gore, the Klingon tits, all that. Whatever, I get most people like it, I’m just why? Add’s nothing to story.
In the Generations movie, there is exactly one naughty-word. Because the characters do not speak like that the rest of the time, it serves as a potent indicator that something is very wrong and needs urgent attention.

Ryujin

Legend
In the Generations movie, there is exactly one naughty-word. Because the characters do not speak like that the rest of the time, it serves as a potent indicator that something is very wrong and needs urgent attention.
Even more so when it's the android.

MGibster

Legend
I haven't read the WoT, because of what I'd heard about how the books were written - very long, and getting slow after only a few volumes.
I was a freshman in high school when the first book was released in 1990 and I read it. The only reason I kept up with the series is because of sunk cost. By the time really, really started to get bogged down I had so much invested in it that I had to finish it after twenty-three long years. There are some fantastic parts of the series but I think you made the wisest choice.

Remove ads