I'm not allowed to watch Star Trek any more

Lol, no, I know, but ffs will that issue ever be fixed?
1) You send in the marines. They all die.

2) You send in another lot of marines. They die too.

3 ) You send in the command crew and they resolve the issue.

Starfleet has enough experience to realise it's a lot cheaper to skip 1) and 2).

Ryujin

Legend

Attachments

• PA090002.JPG
    PA090002.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 60

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
True, of course. But if you don't already own one, a new TV isn't cheap. Even on Black Friday.

Personally, I can't survive modern society without my Roku connected to my dumb TV. I dream of upgrading to a giant smart TV someday.

So, to riff on this a little.

Two things- a smart TV is actually much cheaper than a comparable "dumb" TV (if you can find one ... must are outdoor models, or for use in commercial settings). Smart TVs are all subsidized.

Because the subsidy ... as I'm sure is quickly dawning on you now ... is you. That's right, you're the actual product. Both in actual ads that these TVs are displaying, as well as by tracking what you're doing and selling that information.

When I was in the market for a TV last year, I wanted to get a dumb TV, but the pickings were too slim. I ended up with a great deal on a "smart TV." But I kept all the features off- it's not connected to the internet, etc. Instead, I use my own streaming box (AppleTV in my case for privacy reasons, but anything you lock down ... such as installation of a pi-hole).

TLDR; I can't live without streaming either, but I would never, ever use a smartTV's features.

GreyLord

Legend
So, to riff on this a little.

Two things- a smart TV is actually much cheaper than a comparable "dumb" TV (if you can find one ... must are outdoor models, or for use in commercial settings). Smart TVs are all subsidized.

Because the subsidy ... as I'm sure is quickly dawning on you now ... is you. That's right, you're the actual product. Both in actual ads that these TVs are displaying, as well as by tracking what you're doing and selling that information.

When I was in the market for a TV last year, I wanted to get a dumb TV, but the pickings were too slim. I ended up with a great deal on a "smart TV." But I kept all the features off- it's not connected to the internet, etc. Instead, I use my own streaming box (AppleTV in my case for privacy reasons, but anything you lock down ... such as installation of a pi-hole).

TLDR; I can't live without streaming either, but I would never, ever use a smartTV's features.
Where do you even find dumb TVs now. I have been trying to find one but it's been impossible to find them these days.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases