D&D 5E I'm not saying it's just an easy caravan guard job, but... (LMoP) (IC)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Overeton Henry feels the ground shifting beneath his feat, and attempts to leap out of the way.

OOC: He is proficient in DEX saves so that's 1d20+2 (dex) +2 (prof): [roll0].
Possibly his knowledge of Athletics (proficient) or Acrobatics or Nature (proficient) can give him an extra +2 to be added to that, if needed? If he fails damage = [roll1].

21! HE leaps out of the way as the ground gives way beneath him.

Overeton Henry feels the ground shifting beneath his feat, and attempts to leap out of the way.

OOC: He is proficient in DEX saves so that's 1d20+2 (dex) +2 (prof): [roll0].
Possibly his knowledge of Athletics (proficient) or Acrobatics or Nature (proficient) can give him an extra +2 to be added to that, if needed? If he fails damage = [roll1].

21! HE leaps out of the way as the ground gives way beneath him.
With cat-like reflexes, you leap clear of the collapsing ground. The "ground", now revealed to be dirt and leaves piled on branches, collapses down into dark pit. The collapsing debris sends birds clamouring into the sky, and attracts the attention of an angry squirrel, who clearly blames you for awakening him.

As the dust settles, you see a crudely-dug pit, about ten feet in all dimensions. Beyond it, the path continues...Although can you still trust it?
--------------------------
Your character rolled the lowest Perception, just to note why the trap "targeted" you. Besides, nothing was happening, so it was clearly time for something dramatic. :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Henry stands up, dusts himself off, and continues own the trail.

"I'll have to keep better watch," he says to himself.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Kel starts with suprise as the pit opens up beneath Overton and lets out a breath of relief when he nimbly avoids it.

"That was close, we'd better be more careful."

[sblock=ooc] can we avoid using the path and go off to the side a bit? [/sblock]

Kel starts with suprise as the pit opens up beneath Overton and lets out a breath of relief when he nimbly avoids it.

"That was close, we'd better be more careful."

[sblock=ooc] can we avoid using the path and go off to the side a bit? [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]The brush isn't that dense; as long as you keep within about twenty feet, you can keep track of the trail at all times. OTOH, anything on the trail will also be able to see you fairly easily. You could go further from the trail, but that would require perception checks (to keep track of the trail). You could make stealth checks, but if you're being stealthy enough to be unseen on the road, I'd also require perception checks (DC 15, but as long as at least one character makes the check, everyone passes) to keep track of the road.[/sblock]

Idunn

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Lana and I will be following along a bit off, back far enough to not cause too much of a ruckus. 30ft is enough?

Also, sorry for the quiet. Had a few things pop up[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]Lana and I will be following along a bit off, back far enough to not cause too much of a ruckus. 30ft is enough?

Also, sorry for the quiet. Had a few things pop up[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]30 ft is easily enough to hide. If you've never gone off trail in the woods, it's easy to underestimate just how easy it can be to get out of sight. The only reason I did so was the trail followed a river; I was paralleling the river, not the trail. If I paralleled the trail, I would have gotten lost. And I had been up and down it several times before. As for noise, that's a different thing, but for scale and chain, they're actually rather quiet. Plate is very noisy, but it's metal plates clattering off each other, the ground, and your chain underlayer. Since nobody is wearing plate, yeah, you can stealth at 30' into the woods.

I have no room to complain about people not posting for a while. :)[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As his companions drift into the bush, Overton Henry proceeds dow the road. He is more wary of pit traps than he had been previously.

Remove ads