Immortals Handbook: Ascension 3.5E Print version...do you want one?

Hello again elpp! :)

If possible could I get one of the Mixam ones if not I'll get the drivethru one, just to say in case location changes the price I'm in the uk.

Okay I'll put you down for one.

Just to clarify if I have the book on Drivethru for Thursday and send the files to Mixam the day after, it will take Mixam 10 working days (likely 2 weeks) before I get the copies to my house and another 2 weeks for postage from here in Northern Ireland to reach North America. So you would be talking a month.

EDIT: Just realized you are in the UK elpp. So I think likely 4-5 days on postage after I get my copies. I think postage costs to the uk were around £5.50 ish, plus packing and the Mixam printing, we are probably talking £30-35 (haven't worked it out exactly yet, but somewhere in that ballpark).

Alzrius would know better than me how long Drivethru take to post PoD copies, I'd be guessing less than a week.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Alzrius would know better than me how long Drivethru take to post PoD copies, I'd be guessing less than a week.
DriveThruRPG tends to be fairly quick in getting PoD books out to customers, but it still takes several days for a book to be printed and then get through the mail. As a very loose generalization, I'd say you're looking at around two weeks altogether (if you use the cheapest shipping option, which I always do), but it can vary a lot depending on how much backlog their printer has and how quickly the postal service is operating.

As I recall, DriveThruRPG sends out a notice when the book is printed and put into the mail, but otherwise there's no tracking available (at least for the cheaper shipping).

Hey guys, progress on Ascension 2023 going well. Might even be able to get it finished (or near finished) today.

One idea I have had though is that to differentiate the Mixam copy from the Drivethru PoD copy is that I might remove the cover titles on the Mixam copy and just have the art. What do you think?

As of right now the remaining things to do are:

1. Add three illustrations.
2. Come up with two items for Horus and four items for Hecate.
3. Fix the page numbers (which you think would be simple in a document but maybe because the pages are all jpgs I have to manually send each page to the back so the new page numbers can be seen...and even though I did this before, each new illustration I add bizarrely resets the jpgs to the front for all following pages, grrr.) ...and yes I have tried "Bring to Front" for the Page numbers - doesn't fix the issue.
4. Change the page numbers on the Contents page (easy but somewhat time consuming).
5. Get Drivethru & Mixams cover templates.
6. Add a Book Spine.
7. Upload the pdf to Drivethru - check its all good.
8. Upload the PoD file to Drivethru - fingers crossed.
9. Send the files to Mixam (probably Friday).

So very nearly there. Even with my crazy sleep patterns* I should get it all sorted by midnight tonight. 🤞

*About to grab a few hours sleep at 11am after being up all night.

Okay, the pdf is 99% finished. The art is done. Page Numbers and Contents set. Book spine is sorted. I basically just have to add the Horus and Hekate items.

However, there are two small snags.

1. The Drivethru RPG Cover template for some reason has the gap for the front and back cover 8 inches wide instead of 8.5. Weirdly the height is okay. So I need to work out what went wrong.

2. Once I upload the file for Print on Demand. I need to order a Proof copy and have it shipped to my house BEFORE I can okay the book for Printing. So as far as I can see that could take 1-2 weeks from the point of upload. I was planning to get one anyway to check the quality, but I didn't realize there is that forced delay in green lighting the Print version for everyone else. That would mean it was probably on the same schedule with my Mixam copies.

I'll try and sort problem #1 out as soon as possible and then I can upload the files and get the ball rolling.

Okay, the pdf is 99% finished. The art is done. Page Numbers and Contents set. Book spine is sorted. I basically just have to add the Horus and Hekate items.

However, there are two small snags.

1. The Drivethru RPG Cover template for some reason has the gap for the front and back cover 8 inches wide instead of 8.5. Weirdly the height is okay. So I need to work out what went wrong.

2. Once I upload the file for Print on Demand. I need to order a Proof copy and have it shipped to my house BEFORE I can okay the book for Printing. So as far as I can see that could take 1-2 weeks from the point of upload. I was planning to get one anyway to check the quality, but I didn't realize there is that forced delay in green lighting the Print version for everyone else. That would mean it was probably on the same schedule with my Mixam copies.

I'll try and sort problem #1 out as soon as possible and then I can upload the files and get the ball rolling.
Everything is gonna have some snags. I can't wait to see the final product. Take some pictures when you get the prototype.

Remove ads