Immortals Handbook: Ascension 3.5E Print version...do you want one?

Howdy Geminisaga777 buddy! :)

a 3E Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary 2 would be awesome, have plans for that??

I would love to do an Epic Bestiary 2 for 3E. However, I don't think I would be able to write the stat-blocks - I just don't have the same mechanical memory of 3E and got a bit burned on the system back in the day.

That said, I would be open to doing an Epic Bestiary 2 and/or 3 using by converting over the new monsters from these upcoming 5E books.

However, I would need a ton of help from the board on converting them over.

But we could have an Epic Bestiary 2 with say 45 new monsters that would be comparable to the number of Monsters in the original. If that was worth the while we could convert over an Epic Bestiary 3.

I am happy for any of my 5E work to be converted to 3E/Pathfinder (or 4E for that matter)...just as long as I don't have to do the heavy lifting with the conversions (in terms of the stat-blocks) because I know I simply would not be able to do the conversions justice myself without spending months getting back into the system which I don't plan to do.

Once I have these new 5E monsters all done, I'll have the art ready and so forth, so it would really just take a revised stat-block to hopefully sort out.

I know a lot of you guys are big into your 3E & Pathfinder and I certainly want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. The one small caveat I would say is just look over these upcoming 5E books first and see what you think. The 5E system is a bit friendlier to epic/immortal gaming and while I know you "epic heads" LOVE the crunch of 3E I hope you can understand from both the perspective of a designer (ie. me) and as a Publisher (ie. me again) making things easier to design for and easier to implement in game makes a lot of sense and could only widen the appeal.

But I will always be happy to do 3E conversions of future material as long as there is sufficient interest*.

*As I hope Ascension 2023 shows. ;)

Hey guys, when I get these 5E books sorted we can start a thread for the conversion of the monsters and when we have those finished I can swap the stats and release the books for 3E/Pathfinder.

Might be an idea (for me) to also change the 'trade dressing' to differentiate between the 5E and Pathfinder books, so as not to confuse people.

Just got the Drivethru copy in the post...

20230211_155029.jpg

Overall quality was better than I thought. The book is slightly thicker than I imagined, while only 224 pages it has the thickness of a 350 page book - possibly non-coated pages are thicker but lighter? The pages are a bit springy. One of the double page illustrations is 'sort of' ruined by having the god's face right in the centre (but I can live with it). A better effort than I imagined. I need to look over it and then I can give Drivethru the all clear to sell the pdf and book.

The handful of Mixam copies will arrive on Tuesday, I'll sign those then we can work out shipping arrangements.

Okay I looked over the book and there is one tiny mistake, one of the illustrations on Page 131, doesn't go right to the bottom of the page so there is a 1mm white line underneath it. But I am going to let that go because it almost looks like the white line is just part of the upcoming pages.

I have ticked the Go Public button on both the pdf and the Print Book at Drivethru. However, they have said there might be a delay on these due to backlog.

One other minor issue.

I have set the Price at $17.50 (pdf) and $34.95 (print). However, currently the combined pdf + print option is $35.00 (instead of $34.95) and I am looking over how to change that, the extra 5 cents charge is not intentional.

Edit: Okay - got that fixed. Its $34.95 for the Print version + PDF. So whenever they allow it, it should become available.

Last edited:

Remove ads