Immortals Handbook - Epic Bestiary (Epic Monster Discussion)

Axolotl

First Post
The following creatures are mentioned in Epic Bestiary 1, however they are not stated as being planed for any of the subsiquent bestiaries or Gods and Monsters.

Axolotl

First Post
The following creatures are mentioned in Epic Bestiary 1 (or acension), however they are not stated as being planed for any of the subsiquent bestiaries or Gods and Monsters. The gods that are mentioned are understandable in their exclusion (though not preferable), however the monsters really should be included.
Anomaly
Unknown
Brood
Ssenizarc
Ytinasni
Kursaid
Egnihnu
Reynbo
Striped Brood
Spawnstone Golem
Daemon
Oinodaemon
Altradaemon
Baornodaemon
Demon
Lilith
Choronz’zon
Demogorgon
Far-Zul’hur
Orcus
Pazuzu
Tsuggothia
Proto-Demons
Devil
Asmodeus
Baalzebul
Mephisto
Belial
Dispater
Geryon
Malphas
Mammon
Moloch
Dragon
Rune
Serpintine
Planatary
Entites
Negasaur
Nths
Old Ones
Balseraph
Lady Fate
Daath
Uranus
Chthon
Pyreus
Ob
Od
Aquaste
Yothoth
Yibb-ill
Cernun
First Ones
Limbus
Satan
Zurvan
Aditi

Also the Devil Archdukes only have one portfolio. And the following portfolios are mentioned in the Epic bestiery 1 and are not in Ascension:
Contitution
Intelligence
Charisma
Dexterity
Lust

Also will any Besitierys contain another advanced dragon template for adamic and nehasmic dragons? Do creatures with D100's or D1000's for HD use any different rules for advancement?

Last edited:

Hiya matey! :)

Axolotl said:
The following creatures are mentioned in Epic Bestiary 1 (or acension), however they are not stated as being planed for any of the subsiquent bestiaries or Gods and Monsters. The gods that are mentioned are understandable in their exclusion (though not preferable), however the monsters really should be included.
Anomaly
Unknown

I will detail Anomalies in one of the Besiaries, I just haven't decided which one yet.

Brood
Ssenizarc
Ytinasni
Kursaid
Egnihnu
Reynbo
Striped Brood
Spawnstone Golem

Ssenizarc = Ssendam
Ytinasni = Ygorl
Kursaid = Chourst
Reynbo = Renbuu
Spawnstone Golem is probably too close to infringing for anything more than a mention I think.

You will get the Prismatic Pudding at some point.

I may detail Egnihnu, I haven't decided yet.

Daemon
Oinodaemon
Altradaemon
Baornodaemon

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are Baernodaemons - whether I refer to them as such in the book or not is another matter.

Demon
Lilith
Choronz’zon
Demogorgon
Far-Zul’hur
Orcus
Pazuzu
Tsuggothia
Proto-Demons

Lilith = Lolth
Choronz'zon = Graz'zt
Far-Zul'hur = Fraz-Urb'luu
Tsuggothia = Zuggtmoy

Protodemons = Paragon demons

Devil
Asmodeus
Baalzebul
Mephisto
Belial
Dispater
Geryon
Malphas
Mammon
Moloch

All of which are too familiar and intrinsic to D&D to have me detail my version (and get away with it).

Dragon
Rune
Serpintine
Planatary

I have not yet decided on the exact dragon types I'll be detailing in the later Bestiaries.

Technically the Planetary Dragon was inspired by King Ghidorah (detailed on my website)

Entites
Negasaur
Nths

I'm sure they will show up in the Bestiaries - remember there is a disclaimer on the lists on my website which states they are incomplete lists.

Old Ones
Balseraph
Lady Fate
Daath
Uranus
Chthon
Pyreus
Ob
Od
Aquaste
Yothoth
Yibb-ill
Cernun

Some of these may eventually show up in various books (Immortals Index etc.), but I don't like having too many individuals in the Bestiaries.

First Ones
Limbus
Satan
Zurvan
Aditi

I probably will detail these individuals in the Bestiaries because they are the heads of the dimensional guardians/races.

Technically the Lady of Pain is the Avatar of Aditi in the same way Sandalphon is the Avatar of Metatron and Ahriman/Ormazd are the Avatars of Zurvan.

Also the Devil Archdukes only have one portfolio.

Add either Law or Evil.

And the following portfolios are mentioned in the Epic bestiery 1 and are not in Ascension:
Contitution
Intelligence
Charisma
Dexterity
Lust

Con = Stoicism
Int = Knowledge
Cha = Love/Beauty
Dex = Skill
Lust = Love

Also will any Besitierys contain another advanced dragon template for adamic and nehasmic dragons?

Gods & Monsters has one epic dragon and one adamic dragon.

Bestiaries 2 & 3 will probably both have 2 epic, 1 adamic and 1 nehaschimic dragon.

Do creatures with D100's or D1000's for HD use any different rules for advancement?

Not sure what you mean? :confused:

Axolotl

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I will detail Anomalies in one of the Besiaries, I just haven't decided which one yet.
Good.
Spawnstone Golem is probably too close to infringing for anything more than a mention I think.
How so?
You will get the Prismatic Pudding at some point.
What about the striped Brood
?
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are Baernodaemons - whether I refer to them as such in the book or not is another matter.
I thought that they were the leaders of the Daemons as opposed to Pariahs in daemonic society. Also will the other two show up?
All of which are too familiar and intrinsic to D&D to have me detail my version (and get away with it).
I don't see how it's that different to the angels and it's a pity to have the bad guys (the ones the players are more likely to fight) less detailed than the good guys. Same for demons.
I don't like having too many individuals in the Bestiaries.
Pity :( .
I probably will detail these individuals in the Bestiaries because they are the heads of the dimensional guardians/races.
Good.
Technically the Lady of Pain is the Avatar of Aditi in the same way Sandalphon is the Avatar of Metatron and Ahriman/Ormazd are the Avatars of Zurvan.
Woudn't that make both lady of pain and sandalphon Elder Ones?
Add either Law or Evil.

Con = Stoicism
Int = Knowledge
Cha = Love/Beauty
Dex = Skill
Lust = Love
Will these be changed in the print version?
Gods & Monsters has one epic dragon and one adamic dragon.
I was meaning a version of the advanced dragon template (ELH) for adamic and nehasmic dragons.
Not sure what you mean? :confused:
As standard a construct goes up 26 hp per CR they go up. The neutronium golem goes up 4,000 hp. A vampire would go up 13 hp, Alabaster goes up 200.

Last edited:

Hey Axolotl dude! :)

Axolotl said:

Well, Spawnstone is a WotC invention.

What about the striped Brood?

I'll think about it. Probably more of a template.

I thought that they were the leaders of the Daemons as opposed to Pariahs in daemonic society.

There would be a difference between successful and failed baeroloths. There may have been other horsemen before the ones we know.

Axolotl said:
Also will the other two show up?

Cicatrix is an altroloth, I just didn't use that name in his description.

Axolotl said:
I don't see how it's that different to the angels and it's a pity to have the bad guys (the ones the players are more likely to fight) less detailed than the good guys.

Don't worry, I'll have evil dimensional beings done as well. ;)

I still have the Elementars (Evil), Intelligibles (Neutral; good tendencies), Inevitables (Lawful), Pseudonaturals (Chaotic) and Umbrals (Neutral; evil tendencies) to detail. So don't think that "Good" is getting better treatment.

Technically I should have had the Elementars in Bestiary #1 but I wasn't happy with my ideas for them at that stage so they got pushed back.

Axolotl said:
Same for demons.

Most of the 'known' interesting demons (and devils) have been detailed by WotC over the past few years, and even though I would do things somewhat differently in terms of power. I don't think there is enough impetus for me to do my own versions in one of my books.

Added to which certain individuals are unique to D&D (Graz'zt, Zuggtmoy, Lolth, Fraz-Urb'luu etc.) so I couldn't publish versions of them, while others (Orcus, Demogorgon, Pazuzu, Asmodeus) are so iconic and established that, even though I could publish my own versions, they would have to be so different that they would be unfamiliar. Thats not something I want to do.

I like Demogorgon to have two baboon heads, tentacles and so forth. If I do a version like that in my books then I am infringing on their product identity.

Axolotl said:

I think individuals probably get used less than generic creatures, so while I might include a few its not something I want to have a lot of (although there are plenty of individuals in Gods & Monsters).

Axolotl said:
Good.Woudn't that make both lady of pain and sandalphon Elder Ones?

Technically yes, but to avoid being imprisoned they needed to be 'only' greater powers.

Axolotl said:
Will these be changed in the print version?

No. You can list aspects of portfolios as the portfolios. There is no demon of 'love' but there are demons of lust for instance.

Axolotl said:
I was meaning a version of the advanced dragon template (ELH) for adamic and nehasmic dragons. As standard a construct goes up 26 hp per CR they go up. The neutronium golem goes up 4,000 hp. A vampire would go up 13 hp, Alabaster goes up 200.

The higher in CR you go the less individual hit points mean in terms of CR.

I'll think about whether or not to add advancement rules to the other dragon stages, although personally I don't really think its warranted (Epic Dragons too weak? Then just use Adamic dragons etc.) also I pretty much set the dragon stages out in black and white - it should be child's play for anyone to advance them further.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I wanna play a Piscodaemon. I always liked the alien feel of those things. Great for a Cthulhu campaign.

Are you gonna make a second template for those who somehow manage to embrace their Atata status and revel in it.

And what would an Amidah Atata be like?

Oh...and the Alpha template...what will that comprise?

Hiya mate! :)

dante58701 said:
I wanna play a Piscodaemon. I always liked the alien feel of those things. Great for a Cthulhu campaign.

Try wearing a live lobster for a hat. :p

dante58701 said:
Are you gonna make a second template for those who somehow manage to embrace their Atata status and revel in it.

No. But you could consider giving them the Stoicism (Pain?) & Time Templates.

dante58701 said:
And what would an Amidah Atata be like?

Angry I suspect. ;)

dante58701 said:
Oh...and the Alpha template...what will that comprise?

The DM's chair.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
A gift for mantid lovers.

Just thought Id stat one up for fun.

Brobdingnagian Praying Mantis
Medium Vermin
Hit Dice: 2d8 (8 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 90 ft. (Perfect)
Armor Class: 11 (+1 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+5
Attack: Claw +5 melee (1d6+4/x4)
Full Attack: 2 claws +3 melee (1d6+4/x4) and bite -2 melee (1d3+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., vermin traits
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +2
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 10, Con 10, Int -, Wis 14, Cha 3
Skills: Hide +4*, Spot +6
Environment: Any land
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Medium), 4-6 (Large)
Level Adjustment: -

This massive greenish-brown winged insectoid has spiny, scythelike forelegs.

Combat

This patient carnivore remains completely still as it waits for prey to come near.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability the macrobe praying mantis must hit an opponent up to one size category smaller with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Skills: A brobdingnagian praying mantis has a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Spot checks. *Because of its camouflage, the Hide bonus increases to +12 when a brobdingnagian praying mantis is surrounded by foliage.

Last edited:

Remove ads