• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Epic Bestiary (Epic Monster Discussion)

Hiya mate! :)

ShadowNinja said:
Off Topic: So wouldn't Typhon also be an Epic Dragon along with being an Afterbirth/ Chaotic in the same sense?

J/w Craig.

Yes. I haven't determined what Type of Dragon Typhon is as yet, possibly a Serpentine Dragon.

ShadowNinja

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hiya mate! :)

Yes. I haven't determined what Type of Dragon Typhon is as yet, possibly a Serpentine Dragon.

So, basically in the Epic Handbooks there's no real limits to a power a creature can have.

Typhon not only being an Epic Dragon but a Cosmic Afterbirth as well might give some serious advantages.

:]

Also, Craig I got two images for you!

The first is the Nemean Lion!

2wq90dd.jpg

The second is the 100 headed dragon, guarding the tree with the golden apples...

33vgkyu.jpg

Hope you like.

Last edited:

Hey Shadowninja mate! :)

ShadowNinja said:
So, basically in the Epic Handbooks there's no real limits to a power a creature can have.

Typhon not only being an Epic Dragon but a Cosmic Afterbirth as well might give some serious advantages.

Not exactly. Typhon, as the cosmic umbilical created when the Greek Pantheon was created would be the first of a new race of epic dragons. Just like Tiamat would be the first polychromatic dragon and Bahamut would be the first Platinum Dragon etc.

So Typhon might be the first Serpentine Dragon.

I'm thinking they should probably gain more heads as they age. Although I'm not exactly sure how that would work without relegating Typhon to Ancient, when I'd prefer to have him at Great, Great, Great Wyrm.

ShadowNinja said:
Also, Craig I got two images for you!

The first is the Nemean Lion!

Very nice! The black lion looks weird, but also I guess that just makes it more unique.

ShadowNinja said:
The second is the 100 headed dragon, guarding the tree with the golden apples...

Cool, but with heads that size you are never going to get a hundred on that

ShadowNinja said:
Hope you like.

Indeed, although I still prefer the black & white illustration you posted before. ;)

ShadowNinja

First Post
Ah! Yes, I do see what you're saying now. It makes perfect sense.

Also, with the one picture, I suppose the heads are a little too large for that body.

Would you mind If I posted your original Typhon sketch? :D I could probably do that later this afternoon, if you don't mind - I can't believe myself that I still have it.

Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up, CC.

Hello again! :)

ShadowNinja said:
Ah! Yes, I do see what you're saying now. It makes perfect sense.

Also, with the one picture, I suppose the heads are a little too large for that body.

Indeed.

ShadowNinja said:
Would you mind If I posted your original Typhon sketch? :D I could probably do that later this afternoon, if you don't mind - I can't believe myself that I still have it.

I see you want to shame me by posting it. :eek:

Well now that you have brought it up, if I say no, I'll never hear the end of it...so okay I guess.

It was someone else who drew the picture, not me...at least thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :p

ShadowNinja said:
Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up, CC.

My pleasure.

Remove ads