Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Nice article U_K.
I admit I am not nearly as Comic-savvy as some, but I did find the article rather cool.
It might be a little late to note this, unless version 1.5 of the Epic Bestiary is not the latest version, but there is a minor miscalculation on page 94: Orichalcum Sentinel Base Attack/Grapple bonuses. The base attack listed is a 1:1 HD:Base attack ration, while constructs have a 4:3 ratio. No other errors in the table other than the Sentinel's BAB and Grapple modifier (That I can see).
Oh, and I love the bookmarks. All-Inclusive, and VERY useful. :)
Oh, and I have a minor question about a not-so-minor entity in your Bestiary: The Neutronium Golem. It's gravitic aura states "Your maximum hitpoints are reduced by this ammount each round." The wording could be interpreted a couple of ways (not that it makes any difference) :). Does this ability reduce your maximum total HP each round (So if you had 100 hp at full, your maximum the next round would be 90)? If so, does it decrease your max HP based on your original maximum, or your current maximum (So if you had 100 hp at full, your maximum the next round would be 90, and the next round it would be 81...)? Or does it take the X% off your current hp based on your maximum (So if you had 100 hp at full, you lose 10 hp each round)?
Also, if it reduces your maximum total hitpoints, how long does the reduction last?
I am sure all this has been asked before.
Oh, do the auras of multiple neutronium golems stack? (So if there were 10 around you, would you just plain die?)
Any info would be appreciated, and I hope finishing up Ascension goes well. (I liked the title apotheosis better, as it is a less commonly used word, but Ascension seems more fitting)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Nice article U_K.

Thanks mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I admit I am not nearly as Comic-savvy as some, but I did find the article rather cool.

;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
It might be a little late to note this, unless version 1.5 of the Epic Bestiary is not the latest version, but there is a minor miscalculation on page 94: Orichalcum Sentinel Base Attack/Grapple bonuses. The base attack listed is a 1:1 HD:Base attack ration, while constructs have a 4:3 ratio. No other errors in the table other than the Sentinel's BAB and Grapple modifier (That I can see).

Thanks, I'll check it out, I don't have to deliver the final version (for the printers) until the start of June.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, and I love the bookmarks. All-Inclusive, and VERY useful. :)

Makes all the hard work doing them worthwhile.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, and I have a minor question about a not-so-minor entity in your Bestiary: The Neutronium Golem. It's gravitic aura states "Your maximum hitpoints are reduced by this ammount each round." The wording could be interpreted a couple of ways (not that it makes any difference) :). Does this ability reduce your maximum total HP each round (So if you had 100 hp at full, your maximum the next round would be 90)? If so, does it decrease your max HP based on your original maximum, or your current maximum (So if you had 100 hp at full, your maximum the next round would be 90, and the next round it would be 81...)? Or does it take the X% off your current hp based on your maximum (So if you had 100 hp at full, you lose 10 hp each round)?

You lose 10% of your maximum total full health starting hit points each round. Therefore you have 10 rounds (or less) before you die.

If you have 99 current hp (but 1000 at full health) you would die in the first round.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Also, if it reduces your maximum total hitpoints, how long does the reduction last?
I am sure all this has been asked before.

Its hit point damage, though you could fast heal/regenerate/heal it. It lasts until healed.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, do the auras of multiple neutronium golems stack? (So if there were 10 around you, would you just plain die?)

No. Not completely anyway.

Multiple Neutronium Golems might increase the effect by 50% of the previous increase.

15%, 17.5%, 18.75%, 19.375% (for 5 overlapping effects).

There must be a way of working this out accurately, the above was just off the top of my head, but they definately don't stack completely.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Any info would be appreciated, and I hope finishing up Ascension goes well. (I liked the title apotheosis better, as it is a less commonly used word, but Ascension seems more fitting)

I agree. :)

Thanks for the info U_K, that guideline for Neutronium Golems sounds balenced (Evil DM Stratagy 834: Attack PCs with a swarm of 22 Neutronium Golems for optimal effect) since it tapers out at 20% at 22 Golems, and if for some reason you need that many to destroy someone, it may not be possible to kill them at all.
Here's a sick thought - A Neutronium Leviathan. 4000 HD, and unless you have greatcleave, and the ability to One-shot them, its all over. :)
Oh, one other thing I noticed just now - In the bestiary, on page 4 - Monsters by CR and ECL, you list ECLs for all the monsters yet many of the monster entries, most notably the non-humanoid ones and the golems, bear no Level adjustment modifiers in their stat-blocks. What if someone wanted to play an Awakened Neutronium Golem Wizard? Since the numbers are all there, will there be a level adjustment listing for these monsters in the print version?
Oh, and will the print version be hard-backed or paper backed?

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Well I am just of the opinion that each lower dimension must mean 'something' distinct, it must add something 'unique'. Whereas the higher dimensions are about scale, and since they already cover up to the Supreme Being/DM I can't see where you go above that, the DM's Mum perhaps?

Didn't you once propose 80 different ranks or levels of Supernals? :eek:

Of course having the further ranks wouldn't necessitate adding dimensions but that is one means of contributing to each rank's distinctness. In fact, you had mentioned the possibility of having 72 at one point. :p

And, of course, by definition the "Supreme Being" is as high as you can go.

Unless you're counting the Akashic Records. :cool:

So its interdimensional then, rather than a whole other dimension.

Potentially though I wouldn't confuse it with Intradimensional. ;)

By the way, you might be interested in my latest website update:

Very interesting and I'm gald you put it out there. I think your ideas regarding low versus high physical factor really bring the issues into focus.

Excellent all the way around, you've done a fantastic job as a cosmic zoologist! :)

I find myself agreeing with others that there is more evidence to suggest HOU Thanos wasn't in fact a bona fide Supreme Being than there is to suggest that he was. My feelings on the topic are partly why I was asking questions relating to whether there might be something "in between" LT and the Supreme Being.

Nevertheless I believe he may be the best proxy out there (other than Kirby or the retconned "Brothers").

I'll send more specific comments your way as they occur to me.

Thanks dude. :)

I don't know whether this is a thing of beauty or evil.

I prefer the idea of an awakened NG ranger who TWFs with a pair of NGs.

Or better yet, an NG hulking hurler of NGs...:]

Or an NG ninja using netronium-golem-chucks... :lol:

I'd better stop, huh?

Kavon

Explorer
Hey U_K :)

Quick question here, about the newer version of the Bestiary (1.5)

I think I still have the file for the 1.0 one (I was one of the ones who purchased the non-illustrated one, way back), but when I click on the link in the mail you sent (for the download at the EN-World store), it just says 'download complete' and that's that - I can't update the file to 1.5 :S

Any idea what I can do?

Hiya mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Thanks for the info U_K, that guideline for Neutronium Golems sounds balenced (Evil DM Stratagy 834: Attack PCs with a swarm of 22 Neutronium Golems for optimal effect) since it tapers out at 20% at 22 Golems, and if for some reason you need that many to destroy someone, it may not be possible to kill them at all.

Glad I could help.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Here's a sick thought - A Neutronium Leviathan. 4000 HD,

Well a Neutronium Leviathan would have 32,000 Hit Dice.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
and unless you have greatcleave, and the ability to One-shot them, its all over. :)

How so?

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, one other thing I noticed just now - In the bestiary, on page 4 - Monsters by CR and ECL, you list ECLs for all the monsters yet many of the monster entries, most notably the non-humanoid ones and the golems, bear no Level adjustment modifiers in their stat-blocks. What if someone wanted to play an Awakened Neutronium Golem Wizard? Since the numbers are all there, will there be a level adjustment listing for these monsters in the print version?

Funny you mention it I actually did these up a few days ago for the Print version. ;)

I would post them on the website at some juncture, however, there have been quite a few changes (notably to magic item wielding monsters) for the print version, so I'd actually be posting the wrong CR/ECLs. I'll need to sort through that.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, and will the print version be hard-backed or paper backed?

As far as I have been told, the Bestiary (96 pages) is sort of in between. Its stockier stuff than say, Sword & Fist, but not quite what you get on the likes of the Players Handbook.

I think Ascension (160 pages) is fully hard backed though.

When I have more info on this I will let everyone know.

Remove ads