Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

historian said:

Hey historian dude! :)

historian said:
Didn't you once propose 80 different ranks or levels of Supernals? :eek:

72. The idea was that the Supreme Being was a 72-dimensional being (or 72 extra dimensions that is).

historian said:
Of course having the further ranks wouldn't necessitate adding dimensions but that is one means of contributing to each rank's distinctness. In fact, you had mentioned the possibility of having 72 at one point. :p

You could still have it, but I only explain up to 10.

historian said:
And, of course, by definition the "Supreme Being" is as high as you can go.

Unless you're counting the Akashic Records. :cool:

;)

historian said:
Potentially though I wouldn't confuse it with Intradimensional. ;)

I think Dimensional, in terms of scaling can be confused with multiversal.

historian said:
Very interesting and I'm gald you put it out there. I think your ideas regarding low versus high physical factor really bring the issues into focus.

;)

historian said:
Excellent all the way around, you've done a fantastic job as a cosmic zoologist! :)

I think comics are a great source of inspiration for epic/immortal campaigns.

historian said:
I find myself agreeing with others that there is more evidence to suggest HOU Thanos wasn't in fact a bona fide Supreme Being than there is to suggest that he was. My feelings on the topic are partly why I was asking questions relating to whether there might be something "in between" LT and the Supreme Being.

I think people were complaining about my use of the term Omniverse in the article, they would probably be more comfortable with Multiverse.

historian said:
Nevertheless I believe he may be the best proxy out there (other than Kirby or the retconned "Brothers").

I think he was certainly intended to be GOD or at least wield the power of GOD.

historian said:
I'll send more specific comments your way as they occur to me.

Of that I have no doubt! I appreciate the interest. ;)

historian said:
Thanks dude. :)

Anytime matey! :)

Kavon said:

Hiya Kavon mate! :)

Kavon said:
Quick question here, about the newer version of the Bestiary (1.5)

I think I still have the file for the 1.0 one (I was one of the ones who purchased the non-illustrated one, way back), but when I click on the link in the mail you sent (for the download at the EN-World store), it just says 'download complete' and that's that - I can't update the file to 1.5 :S

Any idea what I can do?

Dude - you should have emailed me about this months ago - I feel terrible now. :(

Email me and I will sort you out personally. ;)

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

72. The idea was that the Supreme Being was a 72-dimensional being (or 72 extra dimensions that is).

Dog's bollocks!
I think comics are a great source of inspiration for epic/immortal campaigns.

No doubt about it.

I think he was certainly intended to be GOD or at least wield the power of GOD.

I think you're right. Unfortunately, Starlin & Co. didn't have the benefit of consulting with the IH before running the series. :)

Upper_Krust said:
Well a Neutronium Leviathan would have 32,000 Hit Dice.

Unless there is something big I missed, the Leviathan has 16x the golems HD, and the golem has 250 listed. 4000 seems right, though maybe CR 32000 might be acurate :)

As for why you would need to one shot it - Even if the Leviathan's Gravitic aura is only as powerful as the Golems in terms of HP reduction, the sheer HP and Its Heat Aura (Which probobly would scale) would be the killing factor in this beast. It would take so long to kill that the gravity, X-Ray Pulse, and fire damage would chew right through someone who had not specifically prepared for such an encounter. With the Nerfing of Heal in 3.5, it becomes very difficult to restore HP fast enough, even if you had a hundred 20th level clerics (Who somehow were not killed) they probobly couldnt even blunt the damage this thing would deal each round, before melee is even considered (Though melee seems to be the Golems only weakness, at CR 9000+ it only has a melee bonus in the mid hundreds, while the orchalcum Leviathan, a creature of 1/10th it's CR has thrice the bonus to hit).
Granted this is just my take on Neutronium Golem/Leviathan battle strategy - A Party of 4 fully equiped Immortals, using U_K's rules, would probobly have abilities similar in nature that give them an advantage. Heck, an Immortal with an ability similar to the Gravitic Aura ability to drain HP % would totally trash this thing :)

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Keep in mind that we'll probably see the re-introduction of high-end healing options in the Grimoire, options such as:
- Contingent effects, which negate incoming damage and negative status ailments (such as, say, death) as it arrives
- Proportional healing (restoring X% of your maximum hit points, for which Heal could have been considered 100%)
- Regenerative healing (The effect takes place once every X rounds for Y rounds)
- Hardened healing (Not only removes a status effect but applies an immunity)
- 'Breathing room' effects (which ensure that, regardless of what damage you take or negative status effects are applied, they don't actually take effect for X rounds).

Fieari

Explorer
Well, at a CR 32,000, it looks like the leviathan still wouldn't be able to seriously threaten A'tuin... although, it could of course end all life on the discworld.

Kavon

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Hiya Kavon mate! :)
Hey again, U_K :)

Upper_Krust said:
Dude - you should have emailed me about this months ago - I feel terrible now. :(
Don't worry about it too much - got very preoccupied with other things (was going to ask before, but never got around to it).

Upper_Krust said:
Email me and I will sort you out personally. ;)
Alright, I'll get right to it :D

Hiya mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Unless there is something big I missed, the Leviathan has 16x the golems HD, and the golem has 250 listed. 4000 seems right, though maybe CR 32000 might be acurate :)

My heads away with it - I forgot I reduced the Golem's HD to 250 from 2000. DOH! :eek:

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
As for why you would need to one shot it - Even if the Leviathan's Gravitic aura is only as powerful as the Golems in terms of HP reduction, the sheer HP and Its Heat Aura (Which probobly would scale) would be the killing factor in this beast. It would take so long to kill that the gravity, X-Ray Pulse, and fire damage would chew right through someone who had not specifically prepared for such an encounter. With the Nerfing of Heal in 3.5, it becomes very difficult to restore HP fast enough, even if you had a hundred 20th level clerics (Who somehow were not killed) they probobly couldnt even blunt the damage this thing would deal each round, before melee is even considered (Though melee seems to be the Golems only weakness, at CR 9000+ it only has a melee bonus in the mid hundreds, while the orchalcum Leviathan, a creature of 1/10th it's CR has thrice the bonus to hit).

Granted this is just my take on Neutronium Golem/Leviathan battle strategy - A Party of 4 fully equiped Immortals, using U_K's rules, would probobly have abilities similar in nature that give them an advantage. Heck, an Immortal with an ability similar to the Gravitic Aura ability to drain HP % would totally trash this thing :)

Even I won't know for another week or two what characters who could fight a Neutronium Golem will really look like. I'm still not convinced with its Challenge Rating. But that sort of thing gets really tricky when you start using Transcendental+ powers.

Hey Anabstercorian mate! :)

Anabstercorian said:
Keep in mind that we'll probably see the re-introduction of high-end healing options in the Grimoire, options such as:
- Contingent effects, which negate incoming damage and negative status ailments (such as, say, death) as it arrives
- Proportional healing (restoring X% of your maximum hit points, for which Heal could have been considered 100%)
- Regenerative healing (The effect takes place once every X rounds for Y rounds)
- Hardened healing (Not only removes a status effect but applies an immunity)
- 'Breathing room' effects (which ensure that, regardless of what damage you take or negative status effects are applied, they don't actually take effect for X rounds).

With Dimensional Magic its easy to add these sort of 'spell templates'. ;)

If I can manipulate time how can I change this spell, if I can control probability how can I modify that effect, etc.

Fieari

Explorer
I'm also curious as to what sort of character/god could take out a Star Turtle... since that seems to be the most physically powerful creature statted out so far aside from Pun-Pun.

It's not as if Atuin is an intellegent force or really even a god... he/she is just a turtle with a world on it's back. But thwarting world-destroying plots is a mainstay of epic fiction... how high do you have to get before Atuin is threatened? I mean, if Time Lords can't handle it...

EDIT: Just had another thought/question. With regards to the Artifact Rules, and Exotic Materials, how do they go together? I mean, say you're a medium fighter and have a natural strength of 50. Can you make your artifact sword partially oricalcum? Would doing so decrease the enhancement bonus you could stick on it?

Last edited:

Remove ads