Important Notice -- New Location

I just got word that they've cancelled the room reservation. Again. This time because they're gutting the whole place, so they're no chance of a work-around like last time. And the room is unavailable for all of March and April, so no postponing until the next weekend.

Unless I can find a replacement venue in the next day or so, I'm afraid we're going to have to cancel the gameday. Stay tuned for more. :\

Madwabbit's found us a new home!

**** As soon as I can get someone to unsticky the Location Info thread, we'll post a new one *****

Last edited:

Supplanter

First Post
The MLK Library seems to work well enough for the RPG Meetups group. They've got a bunch of rooms. Dunno how reservations work or what the cost is.

Best,

Jim

madwabbit

First Post
I *believe* I can get us space at the building where I work -- plenty of rooms and amenities, on-street parking (sorta) although there might be some minor access issues with the secured front door and elevator (which can probably be ironed out by me playing valet for the whole event).

Have no fear! Let me make some calls.

madwabbit said:
I *believe* I can get us space at the building where I work -- plenty of rooms and amenities, on-street parking (sorta) although there might be some minor access issues with the secured front door and elevator (which can probably be ironed out by me playing valet for the whole event).

Have no fear! Let me make some calls.

Cool, thanks. I emailed you as soon as I found out hoping you could save the day.

madwabbit

First Post
Backup space secured. Plenty of space, tables, and seating, in Old Town Alexandria, right across from the King Street Metro -- 2000 Duke Street, 22314. The floor plan is large, and some of the games might be scattered out in conference rooms across the floor, but I've got an idea that should be able to keep us all close together.

Eateries within walking distance include Potbelly's, Jimmy John's Sammiches, Quattro Formaggi, Jerry's Subs, Robek's, Starbucks. Also, the heart of Old Town is nearby with tons of "toney" and "Average Jane & Joe" places to dine.

We cool.

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
This time because they're gutting the whole place, so they're no chance of a work-around like last time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the place only half finished due to renovations last time? And they subsequently finished up the kitchen? The only thing I can think of is that they didn't have building permits for all the work they did and an inspector came by and forced them to trash it and start over.

Oh well. At least we've now got backup plans!

QuinnHarlech said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the place only half finished due to renovations last time? And they subsequently finished up the kitchen? The only thing I can think of is that they didn't have building permits for all the work they did and an inspector came by and forced them to trash it and start over.

Oh well. At least we've now got backup plans!

No, I think it's because they just changed the management company, and either the manager wanted to make it look like they were important, or the new people just wanted to spruce it up. The kitchen remake was supposed to be a one-shot deal.

I'm not entirely sure what they can do with it, though. It's not like they can raise the ceilings or make it bigger; it's pretty mich stuck to the width of that side of the building.

Eh, I'm not going to stress about it anymore. Madwabbit's got us a great spot, so all is well.

Remove ads