D&D 5E In a (hypothetical) Tales from the Yawning Portal 2, what are the adventures you would want updated for 5E?

R_J_K75

Legend
Forgotten Realms #9538 Undermountain Stardock. Not sure if this counts as I think parts of this adventure were probably in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Regardless I dont remember the adventure as being the best written, but we just had alot of fun playing it. Especially going through the portal. It wasnt overly long either think we finished it in a night.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Forgotten Realms #9538 Undermountain Stardock. Not sure if this counts as I think parts of this adventure were probably in Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Regardless I dont remember the adventure as being the best written, but we just had alot of fun playing it. Especially going through the portal. It wasnt overly long either think we finished it in a night.

I own DotMM, I'm not sure if the whole Stardock is adapted there, but it would be close. It takes up a whole level of the Dungeon, two maps including one for the Stardock.

R_J_K75

Legend
I own DotMM, I'm not sure if the whole Stardock is adapted there, but it would be close. It takes up a whole level of the Dungeon, two maps including one for the Stardock.
Id guess that Crystal Labyrinth/Stardock level is the same with different NPCs and motivations. The Twisted Rune were the villains in the original adventure. I'll have to take a look at DotMM, I browsed it when it came out but never ran it.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Id guess that Crystal Labyrinth/Stardock level is the same with different NPCs and motivations. The Twisted Rune were the villains in the original adventure. I'll have to take a look at DotMM, I browsed it when it came out but never ran it.

The Twisted Rune? Sounds interesting, they weren't mentioned in the book. The Stardock is controlled by Githyanki and their red dragons, and they are waging war against a different floor of Undermountain that is controlled by Mind Flayers.

R_J_K75

Legend
The Twisted Rune? Sounds interesting, they weren't mentioned in the book. The Stardock is controlled by Githyanki and their red dragons, and they are waging war against a different floor of Undermountain that is controlled by Mind Flayers.
I understand that who controls what levels in UM are constantly changing but to not even mention the Twisted Rune seems odd. IIRC all the members of the TR were undead, donesnt seem likely theyd be easily defeated and give up control of their foothold in UM.

pukunui

Legend
I'd like to see Treasure Hunt get updated for 5e, complete with rules for level 0 characters.

I'd also like to see The Shattered Circle get updated. That's a fun little dungeon crawl involving chitines and choldriths and the like. The BBEG is a werespider.

I've got a book called Dungeons of Despair that has a bunch of old Dungeon magazine adventures in it. There are some cool ones in there that could be fun to update, like The Moor-Tomb Map.

Since we've already gotten The Sunless Citadel and The Forge of Fury, maybe they could do the next two in that series: The Speaker in Dreams and The Standing Stone.

Remove ads