D&D 5E In defense of my post....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ourmaninboston

Explorer
You realize though it is not about you and your table. Have safety tools are for those you need them, not those you do not.
It most certainly is about me and my table, just as much as it is about the players. Beyond a simple "don't belittle, demean or be nasty to other people at the table", a laundry list of "Thou shalt not pronounce the name of _____" is completely unnecessary.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
First, let me apologize.

Fair enough.

5.) The Lilith sculpt is erotic, but it also celebrates beauty.

A bit of advice: read the room.

Sexual objectification of women has long been identified as an issue in our hobby, so the response you got to that element was predictable. I would advise you to not make that art front-and-center in your pitch until you know you are speaking to a group that doesn't have an issue with it. Otherwise, you are starting the pitch with, "See, we like naked chicks! We're edgy!" which isn't impressive these days.

6.) My posts about frustration that drow are being watered down are a valid stance. As a DM, I and my players should be at liberty...

Another bit of advice: In this thread, or any thread in which you are promoting a product, you are speaking as a representative of a business, not as a DM. This thread should not be about YOU, or your personal GM style. It is not about the players at your table. It is about the product. It is about making that product look good to people who are not, in fact, at your table.

Ask yourself if getting into alignment squabbles in your promotional thread makes you look professional, and like you've got your eye on the ball, and have your stuff together. If you are unprofessional, and unfocused, folks will figure your product is too.

(Edit: Whoops! Missed the lock. I'll leave it, as I'm trying to be constructive.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ourmaninboston will be leaving us. As a side note, I’d like to remind people that there is zero tolerance of abusive behaviour towards staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads