In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC

Redclaw

First Post
Actually, a saving throw vs. death of 20 stabilizes you, but it only takes a heal check of 15 to stabilize someone else. Since we're out of combat, Bheazir can spend healing surges as normal now that he's stabilized.

Akhara thus still has an action, if he wants to try to stabilize Galdr.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Oh, Ok. Thanks.

Let's keep the roll: Akhara will try to help anyone who is with Galdr. And he starts to make a mental inventory of any clerics he has ever met.

Redclaw

First Post
Akhara and Jaden turn their attention to the wounded tiefling, and once again Jaden's untrained attempts yield success. heal check nat 20 With Akhara's help, they stop Galdr's bleeding. Jaden then looks up at the sound of approaching guardsmen, and turns to Akhara. Quickly, take Bheazir and follow Corbin. I will stay here with Galdr and try to delay the search. They might even believe that we acted alone.

Meanwhile, Corbin enters Skravress's house and quickly searches for anything significant. He finds a small collection of weapons, including a short sword that seems to thwart the darkness' effort to keep it from shining. Nestled amongst the weapons is a small chest full of unusual silver pieces (400 sp), and two scraps of paper. One holds a list of weapons, with some checked off, and the other seems to be a map, it's destination high in some hills.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Akhara nods wordlessly to Jaden, and quickly picks up the remaining knives on the ground, so as to leave no trail. As he lifts up Bheazir's body, his tail sweeps the ground behind him, covering the pool of blood seeping into the dust to some extent. Akhara has lifted corpses before, given his work with the guard, and the difference is sleight. But he believes that there is a difference. When he sees Corbin emerge from the house, he laughs at the foolishness of his approach: Much larger forces are at work here than I had begun to imagine.

With Bheazir over his shoulder, he escapes down the alley, away from the approaching guards.

renau1g

First Post
Corbin gives one final forlorn glance over his shoulder at Jaden and gives him a tearful wink as he jumps over the fence and away from the approaching guards. Knowing the halfling's fate now that they were caught, Corbin wihspers to himself "Don't worry brother, I'll avenge you and take care of that scaly Skravress" as he moves.

His mind races as he rushes out of town, "What could he want with the weapons, and where does this map lead to? I sure hope that Akhara and Bheazir meet up with me soon" Corbin thinks.

Once he's out of town, the halfling will more carefully inspect the blade he picked up from Skravress home. He'll admire the craftsmanship and even swing a few test strokes through the air before placing it back in its sheath. He'll approach the villiage ruins with caution as he remembers the disturbance there before.

Redclaw

First Post
Corbin leaps over the fence, but not before he hears the tread of several sets of large, armored boots on the path leading to the front gate of Skravress' house. As he continues to move away from the building he hears two voices raised in heated exchnge. One is clearly Jaden's, and the other has the low rumble common to the dragonborn. No sounds of pursuit follow him, however. Jaden has apparently convinced them that he and Galdr were alone.

Corbin stops for a moment upon entering the forest outside of town. He spends some time admiring the sword he recovered, and realizes that it is a Subtle +1 short sword (Adventurer's Vault p. 79). He is still unable to make sense of the map, however.

Even as he prepares to continue on to the ruined halfling settlement, he spies a group of armed and armored villagers moving along the Forest Road, heading back toward Evenfall. He recognizes the tiefling Penance, and the orphaned human Valamir. They are accompanied by a dwarf, a human girl and an eladrin carrying a longbow. They seem somewhat the worse for wear, but walk with confidence and purpose.

Redclaw

First Post
Akhara and Bheazir make good their escape as well, leaving down the alleyway and avoiding being seen by the guards. They, too, hear the halfling and dragonborn voices raised in anger.

Using Jaden's distraction, they are able to return to Bheazir's home.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Ensuring that Bheazir is bandaged and able to rest, Akhara goes to the wash basin, and stoops down to look at himself in the polished metal awkwardly balanced against the wall. He looks bad. And worse, he looks like he has been in a fight. He washes himself, tearing off the sleeves of his bloodied shirt to remove the most obvious of the incriminating evidence. The sleeves and the leather patch, both blood-soaked, are thrown into Bheazir's firepit. He washes his face, bandages his wounds, cleans his knives, and proceeds to where he thinks Corbin will be.

Zweischneid

First Post
"Thank you Akhara!.. I.. I feel about better now. Or at least alive again."

Bheazir rises slowly and awkwardly, walking towards the window to take a look outside.

[sblock=OOC]
The game is back in swing now? That's great, and thank you for the email. I do doubt however that I'll be able to be a regular the next coming weeks and months. I've got a busy shedule laid out.

I'd therefore prefer if you'd phase Bheazir out of the game. I'm writing this with lots of regret (my first 4e game after all). I hope you'll get a good party together and keep on adventuring.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Zweischneid
[/sblock]

Remove ads