23 Corbin
13 Dark Creeper
--Needlefang Drake Swarm
--Guard Drake
11 Akhara  starting here
10 Bheazir
8 Galdr
4 Jaden

Akhara attempts to staunch the blood flowing from Bheazir, but proves unable to mend the warlord’s wounds.

Bheazir continues to lie still, but doesn’t seem to get any worse, despite the numerous little reptiles crawling all over his body. Apparently they only attack moving targets.

Galdr calls on his arcane knowledge to send a beam of force at the swarm of drakes, driving it right into their midst. Unfortunately, he only manages to knock a few of them down. (half damage for ranged and melee attacks).

Jaden is once again bitten by the drakes (6 damage, 2 temp and 4 normal), but once again fights through the pain to slice his sword through a number of the beasts. (10 damage, halved). He then steps away, worried about falling to the swarm’s continued attacks.

Corbin moves to attack the swarm from behind the house, but is unable to catch any of the reptiles with his dagger’s blade.

The swarm moves closer to Corbin, several of the drakes growl at Galdr as well. Most of them, however, focus on the Halfling, attempting to drag him to the ground, but failing to do so. Their efforts to chew through his leather armor prove equally fruitless.

Akhara 10/25 +1 to all defenses Bloodied
Bheazir -4/32 dying
Corbin 10/25 +1 to all defenses
Galdr 13/21
Jaden 2/29 Bloodied +1 to all defenses
GD2 Dead
GD1 Dead
NS Bloodied

Attachments

• Skravress' house.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 139

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Akhara seems only partly aware of the ongoing conflict. As he leans over Bheazir, his own blood drips onto his colleague's clothing. "Jaden, what do you know of the healing arts? I am well out of my depth here." Akhara asks, as he wipes a combination of sweat and blood from his own scaly brow.

The leather patch is clearly insufficient as a bandage, and the gashes in Bheazir's body are many. Akhara knows from his own injuries in the past that scars don't matter -- pressure on the wound is what is needed. He continues to attempt to help Bheazir, though without any noticeable improvement.

(standard) Attempt a heal check to stabilize Bheazir. Untrained; no wisdom bonus, so the rollis vs vs. DC 15 at 1d20+2: total is 3. Even less successful than before! Let's hope third time is the charm.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1701768/

Redclaw

First Post
23 Corbin
13 Needlefang Drake Swarm
11 Akhara  starting here
10 Bheazir
8 Galdr
4 Jaden

Akhara seems only partly aware of the ongoing conflict. As he leans over Bheazir, his own blood drips onto his colleague's clothing. "Jaden, what do you know of the healing arts? I am well out of my depth here." Akhara asks, as he wipes a combination of sweat and blood from his own scaly brow.

The leather patch is clearly insufficient as a bandage, and the gashes in Bheazir's body are many. Akhara knows from his own injuries in the past that scars don't matter -- pressure on the wound is what is needed. He continues to attempt to help Bheazir, though without any noticeable improvement.

Bheazir resists the pull of death, for a little while longer. 17

Galdr yelps in pain as the swarm once again covers him with biting teeth. The new wounds prove too much for him, and he collapses in the corner of the yard. (13 damage, dying).

Jaden sees Galdr fall, but Akhara’s plea keeps him where he is. He attempts to patch Bheazir’s wounds, but proves no more skilled than Akhara. When he sees his helplessness, he moves to provide Corbin with some assistance in fighting the swarm. (failed heal, move to k10).

Cursing as the enemies approach and his allies appear to have abandoned him, Corbin attempts a more defensive strike, hoping he can pursuade the foe to attack someone else. Before he can attack, however, the swarm finds its way past his defenses, leaving a number of bloody bites on his legs (7 damage). With Jaden’s help, however, he finds the drakes distracted, and his attack is enough to scatter the swarm, finishing most of the creatures off for good. (shift to I12, flank attack for an extra 10 for 16, halved is 8 damage, enough to finish it off.)

Combat ended. Yikes. That was an interesting one. Thank you to those who stuck with me. I promise to make it worth your while.
Akhara 10/25 +1 to all defenses Bloodied
Bheazir -4/32 dying
Corbin 3/25 +1 to all defenses
Galdr 0/21 dying
Jaden 2/29 Bloodied +1 to all defenses
GD2 Dead
GD1 Dead
NS Dead
DC Gone

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As the seconds tick, it seems that days pass. Akhara repeats, louder than before: "Anyone! Can anyone help Bheazir?" Akhara's voice is frantic, conscious that his unconscious comrade is moments from death.

OOC: If no one speak up, I'll make another roll to stabilize, but it sure would be better if I were only assisting your roll!

renau1g

First Post
Corbin rushes over to the fallen Bheazir, although he knows little of the healing arts, he attempts to staunch the blood flow. His efforts are quite amateur at best and do little to assist the dying man.

The halfling looks around for help, panting from the exertion of the fight and wiping the blood from his face.

[sblock=OOC]
Heal Check (1d20=6) doh!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm not sure if this game is still active KS, I believe this died due to player disappearance?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] Actually, Renau1g, I had just updated the battle, and I'm planning to work with those of you who want to continue, to join you up with the other group that are just about to return from a forray into the woods.

Losing two players slowed me down, but combining the two groups should fix that.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Jaden returns to Bheazir's side and once again attempts to help Akhara revive the warlord. This time he is able to properly identify and patch up the worst of the half-elf's wounds. (heal check 19).

Galdr, meanwhile, is able to hang on to life for a while longer. (death save 13)

Jaden, Akhara and Corbin hear a commotion on the streeet, and realize that their battle has not gone unnoticed. It is only a matter of time before someone comes to investigate.

renau1g

First Post
With the sounds of investigation at hand, Corbin struggles with his next actions. Galdr is lying in a pool of his own blood, but they still hadn't even stepped foot into Skravress' home to find what Jaden was looking for.

"Jaden, come with me, we need to find out something inside before the watch comes. Skravress will get rid of anything incriminating if we don't find it now" Corbin whispers to the other halfling.

Without waiting to see what Jaden does, Corbin rushes into the house and frantically looks around to try and find something, anything that might lend creedance to Jaden's concerns. Once completed, he'll return outside and run in the opposite direction of the sounds of investigation, calling out to the others "Meet me at old halfling community if you get away" Corbin hisses as he moves.

[sblock=OOC]
Check inside the house, hoping to find anything out of the ordinary
Perception (1d20+5=22)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
This time he is able to properly identify and patch up the worst of the half-elf's wounds. (heal check 19).

Akhara continues to stand over Bheazir's body, knowing that he is bleeding out, and seems powerless to stop it.

A body -- barely perceptible as the sweat and blood rolls down Akhara's brow -- comes and administers healing. It is not clear who it is. And, as is the way of these things, an odd thought passes through Akhara's mind: This is why so many races have eyebrows, isn't it? Why does the fringe above my brow not do the same?.

Still, Akhara knows that he wants to help. He notices an opening that had not been discovered, and the soaking leather patch moves thoughtlessly to that new space. Is that sufficient, he wonders.

OOC: So I don't know whose roll that is. I think we need a 20 to stabilize. I hope, as per my post five posts up, that I can use an aid another (PHB, 287): the roll was 21 (where were these numbers previously?), which exceeds 10, which means that whoever it is gets a +2 to the roll.

Don't know if this is clear. If Bheazir is stabilized, Akahara will move over to Galdr.

Remove ads