In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC

Zweischneid

First Post
Fresh drakeblood still dripping from his sword, Bheazir spins around and charges into the swarm of Needlefang Drake's.
"Step back Galdr, let me wrestle with these beasties."

[sblock=OOC]
(move action)
Move to J9

(standard action)
Wolf-pack tactics against the Swarm, allowing Galdr to shift 1 sq. (would suggest Galdr shifts to K12):

Wolfpack vs. Needlefang swarm (1d20+8=20, 1d8+3=10) (Flanking the Swarm with Galdr)

(minor action)
dunno...
[/sblock][sblock=tactics Akhara, Galdr, Jaden]No more healing coming from Bheazir.
As mentioned before, I would strongly suggest you use an action point (which heals 3 hitpts with Bheazir present) and finish the things quickly with an extra attack and/or use second wind.
[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Bheazir]
Hit points : 20(?) of 32; Bloodied at 16; Surges used: 0

Defenses:
AC: 17
Fort: 14
Ref: 12
Will: 14

Powers & Effects
+2 Initiative; self and ally (Combat Leader)
+3 temp hitpoints for using action points; ally (Inspiring presence)
+1 to all defenses and + 8 temp. Hitpoints for everyone but Galdr and Bheazir (Bastion of Defense)
Bastion of Defense, Inspiring Words
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Corbin can't really see what is happening on the other side of the house, so he decides that stealth is the better part of valor, so he will hurry to the edge of the house and as quickly and quietly as he can, move around to the far wall and try to remain hidden from whatever threats are there. He'll duck under the window (not a hard feat for him ;) ) as he moves, just in case.

[sblock=Stats]
Standard: Use as a move action to gain a double move
Move: Move to D9 (double move)
Minor: Attempt to become hidden (Stealth (Includes -5 for moving more than 2 squares) (1d20+4=17) )

16/25 hp (+8 temp from Bheazir)
AC: 16 (21 vs. Opportunity Attacks)
Fort: 11+1 = 12
Ref: 16+1 = 17
Will: 13+1 = 14

Powers:
(at will) Sly Flourish

(at will) Riposte Strike

(encounter) Positioning Strike

(daily) Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Akhara is grateful as he sees Galdr's form pass in front of him, offering a moment's respite.

[I'm going to wait to see what's hapened after the creatures move at init 13 before I decide my actions -- they may be my last! :eek: ]

Redclaw

First Post
Akhara is grateful as he sees Galdr's form pass in front of him, offering a moment's respite.

[I'm going to wait to see what's hapened after the creatures move at init 13 before I decide my actions -- they may be my last! :eek: ]

Akhara is up first. I've been stopping with the creatures' actions and starting with Akhara's for most of the combat, so that you all can act based on what they did.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Akhara is up first. I've been stopping with the creatures' actions and starting with Akhara's for most of the combat, so that you all can act based on what they did.

OOC: oops. My mistake.

Is the fence passable -- i.e. can Akhara cross it easily?

If it counts as two squares or something, Akhara will move to J3 and then cross to J2. That would leave him with a standard, and he'd be willing to throw another knife, aware that the swarm has some cover.

If it is a move or a standard action, then He will move to I3 and then use the move action to cross.

Trying to get out of harm's way, safely!

(Also, is it a picket fence? or is it solid (can the swarm pass through it)?)

WarlockLord

First Post
Galdr is not happy. He takes some time to recuperate (second wind, heals 5),takes a step backward, and blasts Dark Cloak twice.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm screwed.
Shifting to k12, attacking with magic missile twice via action point. Targets Ref.
Attack:1d20+4=9
1d20+4=12
Damage (I assume 9 is a miss): 2d4+4=7
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Galdr is not happy. He takes some time to recuperate (second wind, heals 5),takes a step backward, and blasts Dark Cloak twice.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm screwed.
Shifting to k12, attacking with magic missile twice via action point. Targets Ref.
Attack:1d20+4=9
1d20+4=12
Damage (I assume 9 is a miss): 2d4+4=7
[/sblock]

Did you use second wind, or did you attack twice?

Also, since there still seems to be some confusion (or lack of options?), here's how swarms work in 4E. They take half damage from melee or ranged attacks, but take extra damage for close or burst attacks. When an enemy starts its turn in the swarm's threatened area (burst 1, in effect), the swarm gets a free attack.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
It's a solid fence, and requires an atheletics check to climb, as a standard action.

Ok, no fence hopping, then; here's Akhara's action:

1. Standard action, throwing a knife at the swarm. Galdr does not offer cover, I think, so it's 1d20+7 to hit. (20 to hit; 6 damage)

2. Minor to draw another knife.

3. If the swarm is still active, I'll spend an action point and throw again. 1d20+7. (26 to hit; 4 damage)

4. Move action to I3 if swarm still alive; if not, a different move might be made.

Rolls to hit: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1688338/

I think that is the best Akhara can do at this point.

KS.

Redclaw

First Post
23 Corbin
13 Dark Creeper
--Needlefang Drake Swarm
--Guard Drake
11 Akhara  starting here
10 Bheazir
8 Galdr
4 Jaden

Akhara throws his dagger at the swarm, drawing another before his first hits the little beasts. When he sees that he hasn’t ended the threat, he throws his second blade, once again drawing blood from several of the drakes. Realizing that his daggers won’t finish them off, he retreats to avoid feeling their jaws again (heal 3 for using AP).

Fresh drakeblood still dripping from his sword, Bheazir spins around and charges into the swarm of Needlefang Drakes. "Step back Galdr, let me wrestle with these beasties." The wizard moves deftly away from the swarm even as Bheazir’s sword bites into them, finally leaving the swarm bloodied.

Removed from the immediate threat of the swarm, Galdr turns his attention to the shadow-cloaked creature that emerged from the house. Unfortunately, both of his spell missiles miss (heal 3 for using AP).

Jaden rushes forward, knowing his place is between the wizard and the threats. He swings his sword with a mighty yell, but he has trouble picking out a target and his attack misses.

Corbin rushes around the far side of the house and attempts to hide himself.

The dark-cloaked creature glares at Galdr. You’ll get yours soon enough, wizardling, it spits. The shadows will surround you before you know it. It then disappears over the wall and down the street.

The swarm of small drakes, many of them bleeding and limping, focus on Bheazir, easily pulling him to the ground beneath them, and then gouging his flesh with their teeth (18 damage, I just realized that their pull down ability is only a minor action. Oops.)

Akhara 10/25 +1 to all defenses Bloodied
Bheazir 2/32 prone, bloodied
Corbin 10/25 +1 to all defenses (17 stealth check)
Galdr 5/21 Bloodied
Jaden 6/29 Bloodied +8 temp +1 to all defenses
GD2 Dead
GD1 Dead
NS Bloodied
DC Gone

Attachments

• Skravress' house.xls
    20 KB · Views: 130

Remove ads