• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Defiance of Dragons: Young Rebels IC

WarlockLord

First Post
Galdr noted the ineffectiveness of the black bolt. Unsure of what to do next, short of loosing flames on everything in sight, he throws a bolt of force from his hand at the swarm.

[sblock=actions]
Shifting to I12. Launching a magic missile at the swarm.
Attack:1d20+4=14
Damage: 2d4+4=10
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
23 Corbin
13 Dark Creeper
--Needlefang Drake Swarm
--Guard Drake
11 Akhara <-- starting here
10 Bheazir
8 Galdr
4 Jaden

"Get these lizards off of me!" shouts Akhara, oblivious to the possible irony. Once again the drakes bite at Akhara as he tries to catch his breath. He is able to avoid their teeth this time, however. He is able to settle down a bit, and it eases some of his pain.

"Honorable warriors never fall!!" Shaking of glass and debris, barely taking note of the bleeding wound in his back, Bheazir darts forward to drive his blade deep into the side of the Drake harrowing his friend Jaden. The reptile gives a final cry and collapses. "He does seem to like you Jaden. That'll teach that lizard it's place!" the Half-elf notes towards his old friend as he pulls his sword free again with a sickening tear. (Everyone but Galdr gets +1 to all defenses and 8 temp hit points)

Galdr noted the ineffectiveness of the black bolt. Unsure of what to do next, short of loosing flames on everything in sight, he throws a bolt of force from his hand at the swarm. His spell fails to find its mark, however, passing harmlessly between several of the creatures.

With the more offending of the two guard drakes down and the encouragement of Bheazir bolstering his stamina Jaden slides towards the first beast, bringing his blade to bare. The sword sings through the air towards its target. With a sweet schlick sound it tears through the creatures hide in a telling blow. This monster would find it difficult to pay attention to anyone else now. Jaden had made sure his presence was felt by it.

Corbin rushes around the offending drake, in order to reach its open back. Its teeth try to catch him again but close just short of his flesh. While the enemy is distracted by Jaden, Corbin drives his dagger into a weak spot in the drakes back and twists to cause further pain, releasing a flow of dark reptilian blood. (GD2 is bloodied).

The mysterious dark form emerges from the open doorway, cloaked in shadows, and throws a dagger at Galdr, catching him by surprise. (9 damage).

The mass of small reptilians continue their attempt to pull Akhara to the ground, this time doing so easily (crit, Akhara is prone).

The guard drake continues its dogged pursuit of the sly Halfling, biting deeply and nearly dragging Corbin off his feet. (12 points of damage: Corbin is bloodied).

Akhara 19/25 +8 temp, prone, +3 to all defenses
Bheazir 20/32
Corbin 10/25 +1 to all defenses
Galdr 12/21
Jaden 6/29 Bloodied +8 temp +1 to all defenses

GD2 Dead
GD1 Bloodied
NS Injured
DC Uninjured

[sblock=Renau1g] Your action is no longer valid, as your target is dead. Additionally, using a Healing Surge in combat, Second Wind, is a standard action. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Skravress' house.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
As much as I hate to rule against myself, I think Bheazir does not benefit from his own 'Bastion of Defense'. Unlike say.. Lead the attack.. it says only allies and not you and each ally, or some such in the description.

Thoughts?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Redclaw]
Whoops... sorry about that.

Please adjust my target to GD1 & move to H3 to still be flanking. As per our previous discussion, same rolls.

Standard: Sly Flourish, Hit AC 18 for 20 damage
Attack vs. AC; Damage; Sneak Attack (1d20+8=18, 1d4+7=10, 2d8=10)
14/25 hp (+8 temp from Bheazir)
AC: 16 (21 vs. Opportunity Attacks)
Fort: 11
Ref: 16
Will: 13

Powers:
(at will) Sly Flourish

(at will) Riposte Strike

(encounter) Positioning Strike

(daily) Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
"Corbin strike now! Lets finish this brute."
Bheazir yells as he lands a heavy blow against the remaining Drake, inspiring the Halfling warrior to strike a blow of his own.

[sblock=OOC, (Jaden) Corbin & Redclaw]

(move action)
- stay put -

(standard action)
Hammer and anvil
Hammer and Anvil vs. GD1, attack (+2 flanking), damange (+1 versatile). (1d20+8=26, 1d8+4=7)

--- if H&A hits, Corbin gets to make a free basic melee attack with +2 to hit (flanking) and +3 to damage (Bheazir Cha bonus).

(minor action)
draw shield (I think I haven't yet)

(note to all)
Bheazir out of healing powers.. you can however still get 3 hitpoints by using an action point (not to mention that some creative power-combos would help alot)
[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Bheazir]
Hit points : 20(?) of 32; Bloodied at 16; Surges used: 0

Defenses:
AC: 17
Fort: 14
Ref: 12
Will: 14

Powers & Effects
+2 Initiative; self and ally (Combat Leader)
+3 temp hitpoints for using action points; ally (Inspiring presence)
+1 to all defenses and + 8 temp. Hitpoints for everyone but Galdr and Bheazir (Bastion of Defense)
Bastion of Defense, Inspiring Words, Hammer & Anvil
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC, Jaden & Redclaw]

(move action)
shift 1 right to K5, flanking GD2 with Jaden.

(standard action)
Hammer and anvil
Hammer and Anvil vs. GD2, attack (+2 flanking), damange (+1 versatile). (1d20+8=26, 1d8+4=7)

--- if H&A hits, Jaden gets to make a free basic melee attack with +2 to hit (flanking) and +3 to damage (Bheazir Cha bonus).
[/sblock]
[sblock=Zweischneid] Apparently I hadn't quite fixed things the way I intended. GD1 is still up, GD2 is dead. [/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=Redclaw...and Corbin(edit)]
fixed above.

Hammer and Anvil vs. GD1 than, don't shift prior, free basic melee attack goes to Jaden Corbin instead
Don't forget to add the Bheazir Cha +3 damage bonus on this attack.

Man.. why do I keep confusing the Halflings ;)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads