In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

Drakknyte32

First Post
At Nevermore's urging William wakes up and gives a big yawn.

"What is it Nevermore?"

"That man you saw last night, the one that tried to talk to you, he and his companion just left."

"And why are you telling me this?"

"They looked very suspicious. I believe we should follow them."

"Follow them? Well if you say so. Just give me a second to wake the others."

"I will meet you outside. I want to make sure they don't get away."

Nevermore takes wing and flys out the window to watch them leave while William rubs the sleep out of his eyes and wakes the others.

scadgrad

First Post
*All players can jump in at this point. Assume that you're all part of Scathach's & William's company, who, given their natural charisma, would be seen as the leaders or at least spokesmen of your small company*

William and the others move quickly out of the festhaus and into the early morning light. The village is just waking it up, but there are a good number of peasants moving about, some carrying water, others carrying farming implements.

Ahead some 20 yards or so you see the monk & his associates. They have stopped briefly & it appears that the monk is telling the small hjalmar man something. Perhaps he is giving him instructions or some such. They spot you about the same time you spot them.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William walks up to the monk as nevermore flies down to land on his shoulder.

"Hi, I'm William. Sorry I didn't talk to you last night but I was really hungry and that tavern had remarkably good food. Are you a visitor to this land too?"

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem (Monk): Greetings. Indeed, I am a stranger to these lands. I hail from Dolem and by His grace am traveling through these lands. I can tell from your accent that you do not hail from these lands. From where do you hail, and what can I do for you?

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC: By the way. I doubt William would be a leader. Spokesperson yes but he doesn't have the intelligence or experience to lead others.

"I'm from Fryssia but I kinda got kicked out. I was just wondering what you were doing here. Perhaps you are here for the same reason we are and we can work together. Mother always said 'many hands make light work. And I didn't catch your name."

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem: My name is Quazeem. One could say that I am here on family business, so I doubt that we have the same purpose. However, it is possible that we could assist each other in our mutual purposes. Perhaps if you explained your reasons for being here, we could find some way to assist each other in our mutual goals.

Drakknyte32

First Post
"Oh were here to explore some ancient Mali... Mhaly.... Maly..."

"Mhalyarii"

"Yeah them. Were here to explore some ancient ruins of theirs. I can't remember why but Scathach said we have a good reason too. Right now were going to the village wise woman to learn more about a sword we found."

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem: Then indeed it is fated that we come together, for I too am seeking the village wise woman, although for different reasons. I have also learned that the local rulers here have evicted our wise woman and finding her may be more difficult that I originally thought.

Come, let us combine our resources and perhaps together we can locate her.

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1, and his familiar Nevermore

William looks sad at the mention of the eviction.

"Why is everyone always so mean to us. We didn't hurt anybody, we can just do some wierd things."

"Such is the nature of humanity, to fear what they don't understand. Now concentrate on the task at hand."

"Right, so do you have any idea where she is then?"

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem: We have learned that she was evicted and for at least a little while lived on the outskirts of the village. I have also heard that she has not been seen or heard of for some time. It is possible she has moved on or that she is just in hiding. Her troubles seemed to have started when she had some sort of arguement with the local power here. My understanding is the local lord has taken possession of her home.

Perhasps we should divide up and try to scout the village out for information, meeting back here to compare our findings and then determine what our next step should be.

DM: Qauzeem will offer to go with William, taking Jurgi with him. He will ask for the company of his bodyguard. I think that leaves a remaining group of three others, isn't it? Plan is to ask around per my prior post.

Remove ads