• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1 and Nevermore, Raven Familiar

"That sounds like a good idea. There's probably someone in the village that knows what happened to her."

"While you are doing that I will look for her out in the forest. I need a chance to stretch my wings."

OOC: William is fine with going with Quazeem and Jurgi, assuming the rest of the party doesn't have anything to say about it. Nevermore will look outside the village for any nearby cottages or the like. If he finds any he will fly back to tell William.

ferretguy

First Post
Jackson:Perhaps I could go to the ladies home and speak with the lord...doubt if he'll receive a stranger but perhaps I can get some informantion from either his retainers or the man himself.

OOC: sorry didn't realize we we're posting already.

scadgrad

First Post
Scadgrad Human (or nearly so) DM_1_Lawful Evil

Hey Guys,

Jump in whenever the spirit moves you ;)

It would also help if you could remember to post your PC's name & something we can remember you by (race & class or natinonality & profession, etc.) in the title of your post, just to keep everything clear.

For now the party will be temporarily split (very briefly) as William, Quazeem & Barri move around the village to ask about the wise woman & her possible whereabouts.

I'm assuming Jackson and the others plan to make their way directly to the previous residence of the missing woman.

Vargo

First Post
Argento Lilhammer Ftr1

"William, since you're going to wander around town, I'll take the sword with me in case the old woman is just hiding in her hut."

Argento adds the sword to his already impressive arsenal, and prepares to leave with Jackson and the others.

nameless

First Post
Scathach (Sidhe Hexblade)

Scathach: "Take your time, William. I'm going to speak with the seneschal of the city. We are his guests, after all. I see Jackson agrees with me as well; let's be off."

Seeing Argento put the sword in his pack, Scathach adds with a toothy grin, "Let's not get too attached to that weapon yet, eh? No telling what our oracle is going to have to say. Might have a geasa on it or somesuch."

Thinking more about curses, Scathach adds under his breath, "That chap didn't deserve the desecration of those bloody spriggans..." With that thought, Scathach pauses silently and removes his flute, recalling the tune of a somber dirge.

Vargo

First Post
Argento matches Scathach tooth for tooth. "In that case, I'm your perfect canary - if you ever see me using that overblown toothpick, you'll know that it has eaten my mind. Give me a good length of chain over a butterknife any day."

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1

"Alright guys, good luck."

William turns to Quazeem

"So where should we start? The tavern is always a good place for information in the legends."

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

William, Quazeem, Barri and of course Nevermore, begin asking around the village for a tavern. Your shocked to find that the festhaus is the only place to buy libations in the village. Undeterred you continue to ask around the village about Mother Enoissa (the wise woman's name ) and where she might be.

OOC: gather info roll...results a bit later

scadgrad

First Post
Present in this scene...

Scathach
Argento
Jackson

"I'm sorry lads, but it's entirely too early in the morning to bother his Lordship. Lord Obermahl rarely receives guests, no matter how noble their lineage, at such an hour," the guard, a burly hjalmar man with bad teeth and ill-fitting scale armor tells the group. His initial reaction to Scathach's presence among your group was quite promising, but he & his counterpart, a small man of a non-distinct nationality seem quite set against breaking with standard procedure at this point.

The smaller guard looks quickly from his left to his right, looks the group over in an appraising manner, and says "you know, master Breckens, his lordship's chamberlain might be available." Something about the way he ends that phrase in a question rather than a statement makes it all too obvious what he's on about.

Remove ads