• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Yamaltin--Human Rogue 1

OOC: If the party makes it to an inn or tavern, Timur will be waiting, and upon recognizing William or Scathech will call to them.

Last edited:

nameless

First Post
Scathach, Sidhe Hexblade

scadgrad said:
The smaller guard looks quickly from his left to his right, looks the group over in an appraising manner, and says "you know, master Breckens, his lordship's chamberlain might be available."

"It... displeases me that we would travel all this way and be told to wait until lunch." Looking downward at the small guard, "fetch the chamberlain, then. He is probably the one responsible for ensuring hospitality, at any rate."

scadgrad

First Post
"But.."

The larger guard's protest trails off as his counterpart moves rather swiftly to fetch the chamberlain.

"That fae stuff won't work on Master Breckens," he states, glaring through slitted eyes at your group. A few uncomfortable moments pass between yourselves and the guard until finally, you hear the voice of the chamberlain and the other guard approaching from beyond the closed wooden doors.

"What could possibly be the meaning of this interruption with my morning duties?" he asks. Breckens is an older hjalmar man, with a shock of white hair that rests awkwardly above his thick, black eyebrows. He wears a fine shirt of dwarven-made chain and gives the appearance of a veteran campaigner.

scadgrad

First Post
johnsemlak said:
OOC: If the party makes it to an inn or tavern, Timur will be waiting, and upon recognizing William or Scathech will call to them.

Fair enough, assume that Timur did not leave the festhaus as early as the others and will join William & Quazeem as they asks questions around the village. This will take place off stage, but essentially when they return, you will be with them.

nameless

First Post
Scathach, Sidhe Hexblade

scadgrad said:
"What could possibly be the meaning of this interruption with my morning duties?" he asks. Breckens is an older hjalmar man, with a shock of white hair that rests awkwardly above his thick, black eyebrows. He wears a fine shirt of dwarven-made chain and gives the appearance of a veteran campaigner.

Smirking at the guard's comment, Scathach waits for the chamberlain to come to the door, and gives him a formal, courtly look.

"Greetings, master Breckens. Your man here," gesturing to the smaller guard, "has indicated that the lord of the house is indisposed at the moment, but assured us that you could accomodate our group until the lord is available for guests. I trust your hospitality was not too quickly offered?"

Glancing down for a long moment and then back up at Breckens, Scathach adds, "I must also complement your armor, I have rarely seen its equal."

scadgrad

First Post
Drakknyte32 said:
OOC: So are you going to put the results of William's search?

Yes, I was waiting for the scene at the Warlord's Great house to play out first. I thought it might be possible that you find out conflicting things...or not. I'll do so shortly.

scadgrad

First Post
nameless said:
Smirking at the guard's comment, Scathach waits for the chamberlain to come to the door, and gives him a formal, courtly look.

"Greetings, master Breckens. Your man here," gesturing to the smaller guard, "has indicated that the lord of the house is indisposed at the moment, but assured us that you could accomodate our group until the lord is available for guests. I trust your hospitality was not too quickly offered?"

Glancing down for a long moment and then back up at Breckens, Scathach adds, "I must also complement your armor, I have rarely seen its equal."

Well that fixes that...

Breckens warms to your group quite quickly and says that if you don't mind waiting in the great room, he'll find out if his Lord is inclined to parlay with you. You find yourselves in a similar great room to that of the festhaus, though the appointments (and servents) are much more appealing. You are brought a heady draught of ale and some sweet breads as the chamberlain makes small talk with you. He is quite fascinated by your journeys and in a short while, the Lord of this village enters the room.

Cut to the other group...

scadgrad

First Post
Dm

SPOILER ALERT

The following scene includes William, Timur & Quazeem (and NPC Barri).

Others please skip over...

William & Quazeem had roamed about the village for around an hour and a half, when they heard a familiar voice hailing them. Turning around, they made out the form of Timur hurrying through the crowd to catch them. Timur had stayed later at the festhaus than the others and had planned to meet up w/ them later in the day. Clearly something was amiss.

"Hold there William," he shouted. Moving in close so that only William and Quazeem could hear he spoke in a soft voice " I believe you'll want to talk to that skinny serving wench after all William."

Barri hearing this looked to Quazeem and shook his head, "Lads, Hjalmar women will promise you anything. I would have thought you'd known better."

With a slight raise of his brows Timur replied "It's not what you think Hudan. The woman knows something about the witch's whereabouts. In point of fact, she says she's dead, betrayed by the Lord and his new henchmen. There's more, but I think you'll want to hear it yourselves."

So, William, Quazeem, Barri & Timur move quickly back to the festhaus and find out even more...

Next update on this development w/in 24 hours...

Drakknyte32

First Post
William Fyre, Sorceror 1

At the mention of the serving girl Williams face goes a bright scarlet. He is able to recover at the mention of the witch's death.

'Right we should probably go talk to her then. Just don't leave me alone with her again."

Remove ads