• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In The Tall Dark Pines: A Tale of Braxus

scadgrad

First Post
DM_speaks...

OOC:

Hey guys, I think people may have got bored w/ splitting the party for dramatic effect. Combine that w/ Memorial day weekend (I was away from the computer for about 4 or 5 days) and perhaps that explains the lag.

I'll sum up the two encounters w/ the serving girl & the village warlord tomorrow morning, bringing the party back together just outside the great festhaus. Sorry for the delay...

scadgrad

First Post
After several hours of inquiring around & about the village, and having now spoke with both the Warlord Obermhal and the serving maid, the entire party is now reunited in the great room of the festhaus. After introductions are passed around (remember that some of the party are just now being formally introduced to one another), you piece together the following bits of information:

The scrawny serving girl, the one who seemed so enamored w/ William, seems convinced that the witch is indeed dead. No one has seen her in at least a week and when a few of the locals went to see about her, they became fearful of Groylkyn and fled without searching around. The witches new abode, a hastely constructed affair, lies about 3 hours west of the village proper.

The Warlord Obermhal, brother of the powerful Iljakz, though he received your group warmly, was in no mood to talk about the woman. You got the notion that his strong hannite beliefs were what led to the woman's eviction. When asked about his new advisor, the man tells you that he is simply a monk, brother Ishmael, a scholar from Assydia. He deftly skirted the fact that this advisor's arrival coincided a bit too neatly with the departure of the witch. By the end of the conversation, you left w/ the sense that the monk was probably the reason the woman left. Your stay was not a long one, but you left the great house feeling that you had managed to gather a bit of useful information without drawing the ire of the local Lord. Clearly though, the subject of the witch was a tender spot, and you convinced Obermhal and his chamberlain that your interests in her well being were grounded only in her divining abilities.

Post away...

ferretguy

First Post
Jackson human fighter

Quaffing his drink and wiping the foam from his lips, Jackson looks to his new companions. Well gentlemen...since the townsfolk seem to be frightened to investigate this old seer perhaps we should go seek her out ourselves. That Warlord ain't gonna be no help, and we could use that sword investigated..

johnsemlak

First Post
Timur Yamaltin Rogue 1

Agreed, Jackson.

I doubt that wench could truely understand what happend to the witch; she has little understanding of her arts.

Last edited:

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Monk 1

I agree that we should seek out the seer's dwelling to determine her fate. I would also recommend we do so as privately as possible. These Hannites can be somewhat reactionary, and we don't won't to give the warlord's new advisor reason to interfere with us. We must also bear in mind that the Hannites tend not to appreciate the enlightened of my faith, so I would recommend we proceed discreetly.

nameless

First Post
Scathach, Sidhe Hexblade

ferretguy said:
Quaffing his drink and wiping the foam from his lips, Jackson looks to his new companions. Well gentlemen...since the townsfolk seem to be frightened to investigate this old seer perhaps we should go seek her out ourselves. That Warlord ain't gonna be no help, and we could use that sword investigated..

Scathach nods at that comment, "Warlord Obermhal gave us little information, aside from the fact that he was unwilling to help. His new advisor, Brother Ishmael, arouses my curiosity. Obermhal is a proud warrior. I have seen his kind many times, and they are not the type to take advice from a foreigner, especially a scholar. No, there is more to Ishmael than meets the eye. If we are to find Mother Enoissa, we should find the truth about Ishmael."

[OOC: Scathach is what most people would consider a headstrong jerk, so he phrases everything as his original idea, and every idea of his as an absolute certainty. Please, make an objection if it's appropriate. =D]

purple knight

First Post
Quazeem, Monk 1

I agree that there is probably more to this Hannite that one would at first see. If the rumors are true and the seer is dead, it may be that he had a hand in her demise, and we may be able to gather evidence of his involvement from her current residence. If she is still alive, then she may be able to provide insight as to why she was expelled to begin with. Either way, the prudent thing would seem to be to seek either her or her last dwelling.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads