• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Incorporeal Opponents

svwilson

First Post
A ghost which has manifested is incoporeal, so it can affect opponents with its touch attacks but not with physical attacks (such as ordinary ghost weapons). (But using a magic ghost weapon it can affect opponents 50% of the time.)

1) This would mean that a ghost threatens adjacent squares only if its using its touch attacks, but not if it's using an ordinary weapon, and half the time if it's using a magic weapon. Is that right?

2) Say the ghost can't get an threaten or get an attack of opportunity on an opponent. (Either it's used the attack this round already, or it's flailing away with a useless weapon.) What prevents the opponent from just running through the ghost's square?

3) Even if an attack of opportunity succeeds, can you just run through an incorporeal creature's square? Or does the attack stop you?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Here's my take:

1) the ghost threatens no matter what weapon/natural attack he is using. Miss chance has no bearing on it. Otherwise no one would ever threaten a character with displacement.

2) The ghost still occupies the space and is, I hope, considered unfriendly. According to the rules, this means that you may only move through the space if you attempt a tumble check and succeed. I would say that you could even bull rush the ghost. Think of it as a two spirits can't occupy the same space kinda thing.

3) see above

Hope it helps

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads