Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

That title almost sounds like it's ripping off the parody of the Indiana Jones movies that Sesame Street did when the last movie came out; in 2008 Sesame Street had a skit that parodying the Indiana Jones films entitled Minnesota Mel and the Triangle of Destiny. And it's not just the "of destiny" part that's similar, the word "dial" is so strongly suggestive of a circle that they might as well have named a shape

That title almost sounds like it's ripping off the parody of the Indiana Jones movies that Sesame Street did when the last movie came out; in 2008 Sesame Street had a skit that parodying the Indiana Jones films entitled Minnesota Mel and the Triangle of Destiny. And it's not just the "of destiny" part that's similar, the word "dial" is so strongly suggestive of a circle that they might as well have named a shape

I'm looking forward to the sequel: Indiana Jones and the Button of Doom !

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So, it turns out a friend of a friend is working on this movie and says the de-aging stuff (a stunt double when there's action, actual Harrison Ford when there's not) is working really well and they're not pulling another Captain Marvel with a de-aged Samuel L. Jackson tottering around like a man his current age in the 1990s.

That helps, but this movie will still rise or fall on its script.

Hot take, Canadian show Relic Hunter was better then both Indiana Jones or Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft. But I love his hat and whip. I'll take Professor Sydney Fox over other either of them.

MarkB

Legend
I never got round to watching that, but if you want something that makes Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and all the Lara Croft movies look great, try the BBC series Bonekickers.
I gave up on that at the start of the second episode, after the first episode made it a plot point that chopping someone's hand off with a sword was impractical, then episode 2 opened with someone chopping someone's head off with a sword.

Remove ads