• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [spoilers]

Agamon

Adventurer
Having seen Raiders maybe twice and each of the others once each at the theatre, I've watched all three in the last week getting ready for the new one.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I wonder what happened to shorty round? I could understand why Indiana Jones forgot about Willie, but why would Indy Drop Short Round (who supposally became an archaeologist) as a Side Kick in exchange for Shia LaBeouf's loser want-to-be Fonzy character?

Last edited:

Amellia

First Post
As far as I can tell, there's a lot more Shia LeBeouf than there was Short Round. Shia has a much larger role, whereas Short Round was relegated to little quirky sidekick with an occasional (if hilarious) one-liner. LeBeouf appears to be much more integral to the plot.

I think there's other reasons why they're using him and not a Short Round type, but I will keep my theories to myself. :)

fba827

Adventurer
Relique du Madde said:
I wonder what happened to shorty round? I could understand why Indiana Jones forgot about Willie, but why would Indy Drop Short Round (who supposally became an archaeologist) as a Side Kick in exchange for Shia LaBeouf's loser want-to-be Fonzy character?

Because Short Round had to leave Indy & Willie to go help Mikey search for One-Eyed Willie.

Megaton

First Post
I hear some people complain about LaBeouf, but I kind of like the idea of a character called Mutt who looks like that. I have a feeling I'm going to like this movie a lot in spite of any naysayers.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Amellia said:
As far as I can tell, there's a lot more Shia LeBeouf than there was Short Round. Shia has a much larger role, whereas Short Round was relegated to little quirky sidekick with an occasional (if hilarious) one-liner. LeBeouf appears to be much more integral to the plot.

I think there's other reasons why they're using him and not a Short Round type, but I will keep my theories to myself. :)

Yeah, he may have been quirky, but that was when his character was like 10 years old. This new movie takes place when Shorty Round would be around 30 and well into his own Archaeological career. Sure, LaBeouf's character is integral to the plot, but couldn't they at least give Dr. Short Round a cameo?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Megaton said:
I hear some people complain about LaBeouf, but I kind of like the idea of a character called Mutt who looks like that. I have a feeling I'm going to like this movie a lot in spite of any naysayers.
We complain about LaBeouf because we don't like him.

fba827 said:
Because Short Round had to leave Indy & Willie to go help Mikey search for One-Eyed Willie.
He did save Indy from Pirates in the Adventures of Indiana Jones comic..

Amellia

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
We complain about LaBeouf because we don't like him.

Speak for yourself. ;) I like Shia LeBeouf. I agree, Megaton. I think I'm going to just forget all the naysayers and go with an open mind, prepared to enjoy myself, and I suspect I probably will. :D

Arnwyn

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
I could understand why Indiana Jones forgot about Willie, but why would Indy Drop Short Round (who supposally became an archaeologist) as a Side Kick in exchange for Shia LaBeouf's loser want-to-be Fonzy character?
Well, he is the Karen Allen character's (ah, found it: Marion Ravenwood's) kid.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Amellia said:
C'mon, it's obvious. The kid is obviously going to turn out to be Indy's son.

Remove ads