• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [spoilers]

Krug

Newshound
Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and thought it was really a piece of perfect cinema. The elements that were in place (Jones' phobia, his rival who is a mirror image of him, the superb set pieces) made it hard for the sequels to ever top the first.

Amellia

First Post
Indy has premiered at Cannes, and most of the critics are actually saying it's really good! The reviews range from "Awesome!" to "Really good fun," and every so often there's a "Meh, this is just more of the same." I don't really see how that last one is a bad thing... wasn't the whole fear that they'd change Indy too much and it wouldn't have the same awesomeness as the original trilogy?

I was trying to reserve judgement/anticipation, so as not to be disappointed, but it looks like people are actually really liking it, so YAY. I can officially get psyched now.

D.Shaffer

First Post
And the deluge of 'Documentaries' about the crystal skulls begins. *sigh*

Remember when History and Discovery had actual history and science shows?

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
D.Shaffer said:

I Raise.

I remember the first year of Discovery Channel before any of the others came about when it's line-up was still almost entirely those great classic National Geographic programs and the old BBC documentaries from back when they actually did a documentary instead of a drama.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Raiders is my all time favorite, saw that sucker more times than Star Wars. Temple has grown on me over the years, still the weakest because of screaming Willie.

I like Shia LeBeouf, think he is a good choice to carry on the future of the franchies.

GlassJaw

Hero
I saw an advance screening this week. I won't reveal much yet for those that haven't seen it but I was definitely disappointed. I thought it was the weakest of the 4 movies.

Krug

Newshound
Finished watching the original trilogy. Temple of Doom is quite bad; the middle passage is mostly played for laughs, particularly the dinner scene. The mine chase goes on for far too long as well.

But The Last Crusade redeemed the bad taste left in the mouth by the second. Great chases, nice character interaction, and just lots of fun.

Glassjaw: Boy it must be quite bad if it's worse than Temple of Doom!

I've never got the Temple of Doom hate.

I mean, sure its not as good as the others, but its still a good, fun movie. In the end, that's really about all I ask for from Indiana Jones. Anything more is a bonus.

And I can't say I'm THAT surprised with any disappointment concerned Crystal Skull. This definitely is going to have a case like the Star Wars Prequels here expectations reach a dangerous level for many people. Course, in this case, if its terrible one can't just blame George Lucas, since Spielberg and Ford were supposed to be holding out until it was 'perfect' to do it.

frankthedm

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
D.Shaffer said:

I Raise.

I remember the first year of Discovery Channel before any of the others came about when it's line-up was still almost entirely those great classic National Geographic programs and the old BBC documentaries from back when they actually did a documentary instead of a drama.
Yeah, way too much fluff in so many of the current shows.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads