• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - How to get that feel in an RPG?

Ymdar

Explorer
smootrk said:
The Pulp Toolkit for Savage Worlds is geared for this genre... still I haven't seen the flick yet; my first chance will be Tues after Memorial Day.

Gotta second Savage Worlds. Its geared to the setting even without any toolkits imho.

SavageRobby

First Post
I've heard great things about Hollow Earth and Spirit of the Century (but alas, no time to play them all), and I've got a trusted friend who is always talking up Torg.

My choice for pulpy action is Savage Worlds. With or without the Pulp Toolkit, and in just about any genre, it makes for great cinematic play. After we started playing Savage Worlds I stopped wondering how I'd be able to reenact any given cinematic sequence from TV/movies - I knew exactly (and easily) how they'd work in SW.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I'd use D20 Modern as my engine. Then grab one or two RPGObjects D20 Modern supplements as needed to fill in some specifics on whatever I wanted to focus on.

There's "Blood and Relics" for a going-after-artifacts type feel.

GreatLemur

Explorer
If it's gonna come down to deciding between Adventure! and Spirit of the Century:
[url=http://www.faterpg.com/]Evil Hat Productions[/url] said:
SOTC . . . has been called by Adventure! designer Bruce Baugh, "by a wide margin the best pulp game I've yet read, and yes, I do include the one I co-developed in that."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads