Indie Publishers, what are you working on for 2023?

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
The next big product for Honor + Intrigue will be the Tome of Intriguing Options. We are starting a mailing list for those interested in more information when this Kickstarter launches this summer.

I'm currently finalising the first draft of a 9 page document which has all the rules you need to play as a balanced dragon playable race in D&D. As in, not balanced against other dragons - balanced to use alongside more traditional characters!

Geekrampage

Explorer
Working on an adventure compatible with Stars Without Number.
It's a retro-Eighties sci-fi adventure in the vein of Starhunter, Metalstorm, or Space Raiders - any low-budget sci-fi movie filmed in abandoned factories and the California desert.

It's called the Terror-Dome of Warlord Daikhan.
Escape.png

The Grinning Frog

Explorer
Publisher
I'm working on my marketing.

No really, I mean it.

Three years into publishing RPG content for a living and I'm a reclusive writer, with a part time employee, working in a hired office and doing okay... but entirely under the radar unless you happen across one of my Kickstarters.

As to content, well, this month I've got a couple of things going on:

A Rough Guide to Neo City - is a cyberpunk location guide. It also comes with an optional pocket game called Tiger Hunt. It's on Kickstarter now and will fulfil next month. (Current draft contents page below)
Neo City_4.jpg

Neo-City Kickstarter ends 15 June
The Oracle, is my monthly RPG magazine and it has just reached it's 36th issue, which is also on Kickstarter right now. Issue 35 comes out at the end of this month and issue 36 is the end of June issue. So excited to hit that next milestone.
Kickstarter Campaign Pages Issue 36,37_1.jpg

The Oracle Kickstarter ends 30 June

I just released Zilight, Dark Ages, and Zilight Seattle in pdf, (they are solo play zombie survival games) and when I get a moment I will put the printed copies on sale - they are currently going out to Kickstarter backers to fulfil the KS from this February.

Zilight Fantasy_27.jpg

There are a couple of other things going on but those are the key ones at the moment!

Cheers
Stephen

Sacrosanct

Legend
One of the interesting things about playtesting is how much things can change, and how you as a designer need to be willing to have an open mind and put some of your great ideas on the cutting floor to make it work. For example, in GEAS, I've gone from a level based system to a skill tree based system because the feedback was that skill based works better.

So behold the revised specialty (Wilder profession subclass), Packmaster!

packmaster1.jpg

packmaster12.jpg

packmaster13.jpg

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman

word_count_first_two_months_1000.png

Wow! That is some impressive organization/planning you have going on there - kudos! How did you generate that chart?

I ask because I've been thinking about collecting some of my D&D 5E homebrew stuff (mostly races) into an actual…thing, but my ADHD makes seeing projects through from start to finish very difficult if it’s all up to me. But reading through the posts here is encouraging!

I also know that collaborative work is one of my sweet-spots. I’ve done it professionally, absolutely loved it, and ache to get back to it.

So partly this is me putting myself out there.

My experience includes decades of playing (and inevitably hacking) rpgs, 5 years at comic book & gaming stores, 3 years of graphic design for a print-on-demand publisher, and 16 years of collaboration-oriented freelancing - in the comics biz, but also rpg illustration and graphic design, fiction writing, and rpg writing and editing. Now I work 9-5 in digital pre-press and customer service.

Because of the latter, I’m not looking to make bank in the gaming biz - I just really want to work with people on this kind of thing.

Anyway, here’s my site. The home page has nothing new or recent, but what’s there is mostly game design stuff. There’s links there to a portfolio of my visual work, and to a list of my published work.

If you need help with ideas, writing, editing (for clarity, length, style, tone, or just need things punched up), proofreading, layout, design, art direction, or maybe even things I can't think of, PM me.

Regardless, I’m excited for all of you. Go you! And you! Also you!

Working on a vigilante game called Wrath (inspired by stuff like Dirty Harry, Death Wish, Ms .45 and Vigilante). Just going to be about 30 pages and pretty light.

Remove ads