Insight's "In the Shadow of Giants" [OOC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thanks, drothgery!

Now for concept 2- again, a work in progress, while trying to prepare dinner: An elf druid, nominally a Controller, but strongly slanted towards Striker, focusing on melee beast form powers and mobility/scouting. Planned Paragon path is Blood Moon Stalker.

Rikka Pouncequick
Elf, Druid
Primal aspect: Predator
Background: Wild elf (+2 Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11 Con 15 Dex 18 Int 8 Wis 20 Cha 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11 Con 14 Dex 15 Int 8 Wis 16 Cha 10

AC: 24 Fort: 19 Ref: 22 Will: 23
HP: 72 Surges: 9 Surge value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Athletics, Endurance, Nature, Perception, Stealth

UNTRAINED SKILLS

FEATS
Level 1: Warrior of the wild
Level 2: Implement expertise (totem)
Level 4: Skill training (Acrobatics)
Level 6: Martial alacrity
Level 8: Alertness
Level 10: Acolyte power

POWERS
Druid At-will 1: Chill Wind
Druid At-will 1: Pounce
Druid At-will 1: Savage Rend
Druid Encounter 1: Twisting Vines
Druid Daily 1: Savage Frenzy
Druid Utility 2: Fleet Pursuit
Druid Encounter 3: Tundra wind
Druid Daily 5: Roar of Terror
Druid Utility 6: Black Harbinger
Druid Encounter 7: Feast of Fury
Druid Daily 9: Feral Mauling
Druid Utility 10: Winter Storm (Swapped to gain Undaunted Stride)

Major items:
Totem +3 (level 11)
Deathcut Hide +2 (level 10)
Cloak of Survival +2 (level 9)

Bracers of Mighty Striking (level 2, bought)
Acrobat boots (level 2, bought)
Lightning Longbow +1 (level 5, bought)
Bag of holding (level 5, bought)
Headband of Perception (level 1, bought)

Background: [sblock] The elven folk have been retreating farther and farther from civilization for more years than any human can really remember- some of the tribes have fallen to the level of nigh-feral savages, dwelling in the Whisperwood or in the peaks of the Dragonrange. Rikka's tribe was one such group- they had dwelt peacefully in the high mountains for hundreds of years, with almost no human contact save for occasional explorers or barbarians. When a savage orcish warlord began to gather a fierce horde, the small elven tribe had almost no chance. Rikka, a young elven huntress, managed to escape the orcs that slaughtered her village, and she sought strength and vengeance from the powerful nature spirits that her tribe revered. Those enigmatic powers rewarded her with the fierce gifts of her animal totem, the snow leopard of the highest peaks. Alone, she began to track and harry the growing orcish horde. In time, she would certainly have perished, for the orcs were too numerous and too strong for any single hunter to defeat- but she soon joined forces with an established adventuring company who had a grudge against the shaman who was the real power behind the growing horde. Rikka proved herself to the experienced adventurers, helping take the place of their tracker, who the orcs had slain. Once the shaman was defeated, and the horde dispersed, Rikka followed the party in search of other adventures... [/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
I put together a character builder campaign file that strips out the non-PHx races and deities and a few other things (I pulled the focused expertise feats because they don't stack with weapon expertise, and the tribal, guild, and heritage feats).

You'll have to rename it to .dndcamp ; ENWorld doesn't like the campaign file extension.

Attachments

• Insight_s Game.txt
    21.1 KB · Views: 74

Insight

Adventurer
I put together a character builder campaign file that strips out the non-PHx races and deities and a few other things (I pulled the focused expertise feats because they don't stack with weapon expertise, and the tribal, guild, and heritage feats).

You'll have to rename it to .dndcamp ; ENWorld doesn't like the campaign file extension.

Wow. Thanks, Dave!

Insight

Adventurer
We have 1 Leader and 1 maybe 2 Controllers. I'd like to see some more of those if possible. Just to have some variety. Otherwise, you're going to make my selection of those slots too easy! :heh:

Shayuri

First Post
lol

Oh man.

Okay, I'm gonna throw this out, because the concept's been fluttering around since Jemal's last stab at an epic game.

Tatterdemalion - Sad little gnome bard. I really want to play up the feyness of the gnomes in 4e, and make them sort of mysterious, traumatized creatures from their subjugation and subsequent escape. Tatterdemalion is sweet and gentle and considerate, but has this constant sense of loss around her like a cloak. She hardly ever talks, but has a voice of unearthly beauty that she uses to weave her magic.

Alternatively, I'd love to try my Deva Invoker Kyriel again.

Invokers are cool!

Sparky

I'm pretty keen to develop a group history and build to that rather than a specific concept (though I may be barking up the wrong tree here, what with all the concepts already submitted) and since Insight has given us the green light to do some world-building I think we should run with it.

I mean, we have the time and all. A week.

Any group would need to encompass all the possible PCs.

-------

Idea the 1st: PCs are the founders of a border town nearish where the adventures start. This would allow the inclusion of all the submissions as 'NPCs' and alternates.

-------

Idea the 2nd: PCs all got together initially at the reading of a Will. The Will stipulated that they do tasks A, B, C, etc. Around task H or so, they'd discovered that they sorta had something good going and kept it up after the Will was properly executed.

-------

Idea the 3rd: Sort of an obvious one, the PCs are agents of a King or Council and do work chiefly for the Crown (or Council). They are all identified by a signature cloak they wear (when on official business) that gives their band it's name, The Red/Skull/Mist/Star/Stone/Dark Cloaks.

-------

* Mage, Priest, Lord, Crime Boss

Walking Dad

First Post
Here is my dwarf shaman. The original game I made him for got pending. will add more background later.

Work in Progress sheet

Baern Winterchosen
[sblock=Stats]
Baern Winterchosen Player: WD
Dwarf Shaman (Protective) XP ? Level 10
Initiative +6 Senses Low-light Vision
Passive Insight 20; Passive Perception 25
HP 80; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 11
AC 26; Fortitude 22; Reflex 18; Will 23
Speed 5
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Dwarf, Elven, Common

Str 13 Dex 13 Wis 20
Con 18 Int 10 Cha 10

Basic Attack:
Warhammer: +12 vs AC, 1d8+5 (one-handed)

Racial Abilities
Cast-Iron Stomach; Dwarven Resilience; Dwarven Weapon Proficiency; Encumbered Speed; Stand Your Ground

Class Features
Companion Spirit, healing spirit, speak with spirits

Background
Among Another Race (Elf) - Language (Elven)

At-Will Powers
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Shield
1 Protecting Strike
1 Wrath of the Winter

Encounter Powers
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Hand of Radiance
1 Thunder Bears warding
3 Rimefire Spirit
7 Winter Wind Spirit

Daily Powers
1 Cleansing Wind of the North
5 Earthrage Spirit
9 Raging Storm Spirit

Utility Powers
2 Bonds of the Clan
6 Sudden Restoration

10 Spirit Summons

Feats
1 Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)
2 Toughness
4 Acolyte of Divine Secrets
6 Implement Expertise (+1 to hit with totem implement)
8 Martial Training (Wisdom)
10 Ritual Caster

Skills
Nature +15
Perception +15
Endurance +16
Heal +15
Dungeoneering +7
Religion +10

Equipment
Warhammer (15 gp), Standard adventurer’s kit (15gp), 30 gp
11 Magic Totem +3
10 Belt of Blood
9 Reflexive Braidmail +2

Amulet of Protection +2 1.800

rest for rituals and ritual components.

Background:
Among another race (language: Elven)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Baern Winterchosen
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
Initiative: +6
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 18 Will 23
Hit Points: 80/80 Bloodied: 40
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 20 Surges per day: 11/11
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Shield, Protecting Strike, Wrath of the Winter
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Thunder Bears warding, Rimefire Spirit, Winter Wind Spirit, Bonds of the Clan, Sudden Restoration
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Earthrage Spirit, Raging Storm Spirit, Spirit Summons, Reflexive Braidmail
[/sblock]
[sblock=Image]
5.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Baern was born with another family name to now extinct clan. He found a new family in a near living elf tribe. It was there that he began to understand the ways of the shaman and discovered his natural linkage to spirits and nature itself. Later he traveled alone through the now dangerous world, never fully abandoning his 'true' people's faith.

Personality

Baern has an open personality. Open for a dwarf, but his foster family would describe him as rather stern and conservative. He tries to stay in the background, letting the spirits work through him

Appearance

Raised the wild but still a dwarf, he let layers of leather and cloth cover the chainmail underneath. (Rest see pic ;))

Spirit Companion

'Bear of the North' is Baern's spirit companion. Called to her from the frozen lands, he appears as a pale white bear with a slightly blue aura. His eyes are the color of the blue sky, until enraged, then they change to blood red.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Deleted because of this:

Bladelings are not permitted. Per the OP, PHB1 and PHB2 races only.

For those of you with two or more submissions, I am going to ask you to narrow it down to one submission by this Friday, Sept. 25th. By that time, please choose one of your characters, name it, and submit a background along with the final version of your chosen character.

Dwarf Shaman my only shot :)

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
For those of you with two or more submissions, I am going to ask you to narrow it down to one submission by this Friday, Sept. 25th. By that time, please choose one of your characters, name it, and submit a background along with the final version of your chosen character.

Remove ads