Insight's "The Silent Partner" IC

Insight

Adventurer
Jack sighs and scratches his head. While that bad feeling was not going away, he had no idea what to do. Bar fight? Well, he already had enough of those in his lifetime, thank you very much.

However, there was nothing that could be done. With a clap on Face's shoulder, and a small shrug he says "Well, go have fun with the pretty ladies then. What hotel where you going to?"

George looks over at the pretty ladies and waves a somewhat trembling hand at them. He looks back at Jack. "You comin', too?" He laughs. "The, uh..."

The man with the knife scar approaches and grabs George by the arm. "Look," he says to Jack and Face. "I've got to talk to him before he's completely gone. I hope you understand."

As he takes George away, the actor yells, "Hillmont!"

OOC: Renna sees this happening, from outside.

Once George Martin is directed back to the men in suits and the dames, all six of them exit by way of the back door. The thin one puts paper currency in the guard's jacket pocket on the way out.

OOC: Renna can hide, if she wants, to avoid being seen by the men.

jackslate45

First Post
With a shrug to Face Jack says "Let's get out of here shall we? I don't see a reason sticking around much longer. And now I don't feel like drinking..."

Shayuri

First Post
On realizing the men are coming towards the door, Renna covers her mouth to muffle her dismayed squeak, and backs up. She looks wildly around, then hurries around behind some trash cans just a little farther down the alley and crouches down, shaking from the adrenalin.

Insight

Adventurer
The three men in suits - the one with the knife scar, the fat one, and the thin one - take George Martin by the arms and to a waiting Ford Deluxe Coup Model A, which rumbles about a dozen paces from the back door. The ladies wave goodbye to George as he is hustled into the vehicle. It speeds off into the Los Angeles night.

OOC: Let me know if any of you wish to do anything else before the next morning. Otherwise, the next post will be morning.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
APRIL 1, 1929
Cut to:​
EXT. CBC STUDIOS - OUTSIDE STUDIO 13 - MORNING
Actors, stand-ins, and extras wait outside the studio gate. At exactly 8 O'CLOCK, according to a clock outside the SECURITY SHACK, the gate opens. Standing there, clipboard pressed against her blouse, is Renna Plumpe. In the crowd, awaiting her words, are "Face" Pierson and Allan Coleman. They wait quietly for word of today's events.

Standing at the door to the security shack, just inside the gate, is Jack Thompson.

[sblock=Renna]Renna has been at the CBC Studios for about half an hour. As far as she can tell, Murnau is not here yet. She spoke with a haggard David Neal. You'd almost think he was hung over except for that Neal is known to be very anti-alcohol. The list of call-backs for further auditions: "Face" Pierson, Allan Coleman, George Martin, John Sooner, Martha Reed, and Kate Millings. All appear to be present except for George Martin.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Jack was trying to hide his yawning the best he could. He was normally asleep early, always on the morning shift. However, last nights events had made him a little restless, and he had not gotten to sleep until very late. He was very tired, and could not weight for someone to come in and relieve him.

That being said, he had watched the rest of the group pile in. At 8 o clock exactly, he unlocks the gate, and nods to the clip board girl What was her name again? Don't think I caught it... and says "That everyone?"

Shayuri

First Post
Renna shakes her head at the security man and looks at her list again. Her eyes keep fixating on George's name. Kidnapped. She'd tried to tell David about what she'd seen, but he'd been grappling with his own demons and hadn't lent her worries much credence.

Now the actors were showing up, one by one...some on time, some late. Lateness probably wouldn't matter though. She was going to have to go get David anyway, and Murnau wasn't even on set last she'd checked. Then again, it didn't seem fair to hold everything up.

"We're...still missing one," she finally said to Jack, "I'll check with Mr. Neal and see if he wants to begin without him though. Just a moment."

She furtively ducked into the studio, feeling oddly as if she were carrying some large and poisonous secret...something that, even not being of her own creation, could burst any moment and contaminate everything around it.

"Mr. Neal?" Renna called. "It's after eight, and George Martin hasn't shown up yet. Should we go on without him?"

Insight

Adventurer
She furtively ducked into the studio, feeling oddly as if she were carrying some large and poisonous secret...something that, even not being of her own creation, could burst any moment and contaminate everything around it.

"Mr. Neal?" Renna called. "It's after eight, and George Martin hasn't shown up yet. Should we go on without him?"

David Neal seems distracted for the moment. "Oh, um, yes. That would be fine."

He turns his head rather sharply to see a man in a finely tailored suit, with a knife scar down the left side of his face. The man smiles with a sickening grin. He produces a cigar and lights up. He puffs, looking first at David Neal and then at Renna. "Mornin', ladies and gents," he says before moving on.

When the man has gone, David Neal lets out his breath.

Remove ads