• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inspire Courage + Greatness + Heriocs

Slaved

First Post
It would certainly be Interesting if Activating Bardic Music actually Activated ALL of the Bardic Music Abilities that the Character has Access to at the same time!!! :D :D :D

After all the Bardic Music Ability does say that they can ALL be Activated by the Bard!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Between this and Inspire Greatness granting Base Attack Bonus the Bards are going to take over the World!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Nifft said:
Your statement was a bit ambiguous. The phrasing in the SRD isn't -- but it also has a central class feature which governs all Bardic Music uses, and not merely a "category" of independent abilities.

If a Rogue makes an AoO due to Opportunist, can she use Crippling Strike?

Can an Archmage use Mastery of Shaping and Mastery of Elements to turn a Fireball into an Aciddonut?

Can a Hierophant use Divine Reach and Faith Healing to cure a believer for maximum effect from 30 feet away?

-Hyp.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hypersmurf said:
If a Rogue makes an AoO due to Opportunist, can she use Crippling Strike?

Can an Archmage use Mastery of Shaping and Mastery of Elements to turn a Fireball into an Aciddonut?

Can a Hierophant use Divine Reach and Faith Healing to cure a believer for maximum effect from 30 feet away?
Of course.

Why, are you trying to lump abilities that are chosen from a named benefit with those that are sub-types of a class feature? Because that dog won't hunt.

(Same with "Bonus Feats", so don't bother.)

Cheers, -- N

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Nifft said:
Why, are you trying to lump abilities that are chosen from a named benefit with those that are sub-types of a class feature?

Class Features
Special Ability

Class Features
High Arcana

Class Features
Bardic Music

How are you distinguishing them?

Or, for that matter,
Class Features
Spells

-Hyp.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hypersmurf said:
How are you distinguishing them?
I do have an answer to this, but it's going to take a bit of typing.

While I do that, would you do me the favor of giving some closure to our previous conversation regarding Bardic music effects? I know a withdrawal is tantamount to a concession, but it's much nicer for those watching -- especially those who specifically value your views -- to get a formal consensus.

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224011

Thanks, -- N

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Nifft said:
While I do that, would you do me the favor of giving some closure to our previous conversation regarding Bardic music effects? I know a withdrawal is tantamount to a concession, but it's much nicer for those watching -- especially those who specifically value your views -- to get a formal consensus.

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I'm of the opinion that bonus hit dice are hit dice, and behave as hit dice except where the text indicates they differ.

You're of the opinion that bonus hit dice aren't hit dice, and don't behave as hit dice except where the text indicates they do.

I don't see how that's reconcilable.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads