• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invasion by who or what

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Opps forgot to add that. It superhero with mythical and legendary heroes being reincarnated. It's an "All Myths are True" setting.

In that case, borrow from myths. For example, from Book III of The Iliad: "When the companies were thus arrayed, each under its own captain, the Trojans advanced as a flight of wild fowl or cranes that scream overhead when rain and winter drive them over the flowing waters of Oceanus to bring death and destruction on the Pygmies...."

Yes, that's right: seasonal invasions of screaming flocks of birds that bring death and destruction.

Kaodi

Hero
Sneaky polymorphing constructs.

Edit: Imagine the heroes are arrayed for the a major battle and the fighter's platemail all of a sudden morphs and changes, going over to the other side, and with a growl saying, " News flash, bro! Your name ain't Spike Witwicky! "

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
Since this is a "legends reborn" campaign, I suggest something that thought defeated and driven away a long time ago.

I'd say the space-faring dinosaurs want their planet back.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sleestacks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t9xE6A2B4c&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Clutch - Sleestak Lightning[/ame]

ssampier

First Post
I have question about what type of creature would be good to use for invasion plot, besides robots, aliens, zombies, mutants, demons or any others that have been done so many times before? What type of creature can be used that is different and not be done before?

I was going say Giants* and have the world in the midst of Ragnarok. I think someone already mentioned that, however. Myself I would add elements from Against the Giant series and incorporate alien dark elves somehow.

Next, the gods. We all know about the plagues in Judeo-Christian mythology but there could be similar plagues caused by Zeus, Odin, or Bane.

Other possibilities are treants, dryads, etc. The forest folk are tired of those with "minds of metal and wheels" and need vengeance.

Finally, you could combine genres. I think it a zombie apocalypse would be awesome in a Wild West game. It's not original, but it sounds fun.

The Day the Earth Stood Still game with powerful warforged "Gort". Obviously someone has nearly started Last War 2.0 and "Gort" is sent to destroy humanity.

* the large monster not the NFL team. However, that could work for a one-off game

Last edited:

Gryph

First Post
I would start with something totally cliche like little green men in spaceships. Then have them find out that the invaders are running away from something worse...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I would start with something totally cliche like little green men in spaceships. Then have them find out that the invaders are running away from something worse...

Yes, the little green police force who are chasing these interstellar grifters, con men and spaceship thieves...

darjr

I crit!
i was going to say use the awful green things from outer space. I used them I'm a trav game. three stages of life, each stage almost invulnerable except for one strange thing, each a different thing. and they spread like wild fire.

but then I thought of an inept apprentice brining a broom to life to do his chores and it splinters and each splinter grows into a full construct that splinters etc...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
i was going to say use the awful green things from outer space. I used them I'm a trav game. three stages of life, each stage almost invulnerable except for one strange thing, each a different thing. and they spread like wild fire.

but then I thought of an inept apprentice brining a broom to life to do his chores and it splinters and each splinter grows into a full construct that splinters etc...

You might like this: Splinter (2008 film)

tecnowraith

First Post
I think I have an idea oof creature type but do not want say cause I am wanting to publish this setting.

I do have another another that part of this thread. For writing techniques, how would I writing the setting for worldwide instead of being in a city like most published superhero campaigns? Would this plot is idea better city based or global based?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads