(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 3 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Forrester: We of the Dark Union will not be threatened by you, however powerful you truly are. We recognize your strength, and it is much greater than ours. We respect your faction as leaders towards peace. We will not cave in to your threats. We wish peace. We will not make any move militarily against you. If you wish to attack us, you will be seen as the aggressor, then we shall see whether your allies will back you. So, allow us peace, and we will not attack you. We will not offer you tithes to dissuade your wrath. Choose your actions carefully Forrester, and decide how history will remember you: as a proud leader, seeking peace above all else, or as an aggressor, extorting tithes from those weaker than you. See this message not as a threat, but as a warning against your present course of actions.

Black Omega

First Post
Kalanyr said:
You might like what it is a lot less than a fairy.
Yes it does have something to do with Siobhan.
And indeed it has gone to my overly-chaotic head. Just wait and see. Same as everybody else.
Uh-oh..even I'm worried now.;)

Forrester

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Choose your actions carefully Forrester, and decide how history will remember you: as a proud leader, seeking peace above all else, or as an aggressor, extorting tithes from those weaker than you.

Um . . . yeah.

If there's anything I'm going to remembered for, it's not being a leader who sought "peace above all else."

Or are you not familiar with my history?

Kas, you owe no tribute.

But the Dark Union does. They owe tribute to the forces that erased Vecna's millions from the face of Oerth. They owe tribute to the millions of dead soldiers that gave their lives -- and in some cases, their souls -- to see Vecna's undeath ended.

And so, they have been given a choice. And they know the consequences of choosing poorly.

Lord Forrester
Peacemaker

Edena it seems that while calculating power level of Shade you have forgotten about pl 5 worth of armies we got from Dark Union in exchange for County of Urnst, and all these slaves we got from conquests. By the way shouldn`t Celene lose more than 1\5th of its pl and do we have Queen Yolande?

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Forrester, how can I trust your peaceful offers if FOR 40 YEARS United Commonwealth is hunting down our brethren on Toril, using a weak excuse that we practice sacrifices of sentient beings!

I would be less likely to attack you if you were generous enough to donate a significant portion of your PL towards scientific advancement of my cause, or the cause of our allies.

I could use some 11th level magic help, for instance.

KABOOM could use some 10th level magic help, as could Dagger, the Gnomes, Creamsteak, and others.

I'll let you decide what would be fair, given the fact that you were rooting for our deaths while we were on the battlefield.

Fighting your forces, oh ally-of-Vecna.

Lord Forrester

Maudlin

First Post
Um... I don't begrudge Forrester anything less than utter domination of all known universes, of course, but is there a point left?

The original IR 'setting' was the Wanderer railing against the Toril invasion. All factions in the world combined were made only slightly more powerful than the Toril faction, if it arrived in its entirety.

That has now happened.
With his huge PL, he was destined to get 10th level magic first, and now he has.
He was not opposed by the world, but has squarely chosen the side of good.
You cannot scheme against him.
You cannot fight his troops.
You can't use magic against him.
I tried and failed to at least stop him doubling his PL in reinforcements.

His deck was stacked with a whole lot of aces (I think he'll admit as much), but that was on the premise that he would be seen as an invader on a level with Vecna, I thought.

I know if he picks me as a target, and why wouldn't he, I'll be annihilated next round. Right now, if every single other nation fought him together, they would lose.

So he's won, right?

We will rather let The Void consume us, Forrester, than give you part of our power. But it will be you that will come there, sooner or later.

Edena, Shade start to evacuate their forces from Shadow Throne to the part part of Oerth`s Shadow Plane coexistent with Dark Union`s territory.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr, now a Solar (radiant with Holy Light and standing a full 32 feet in height) , sends a message to all leaders across Oerth exept Forrester. The knowledge of this vision and the vision itself is protected by 10th level magic against Forrester's scrying.

"I advise all against aiding Forrester in his race for 11th level magic, we of Oerth are not his lackeys! We shall not do his work and suffer for him! It is a Torrillian affair and they have already interfered much in our business, sending a force of incredible power to our poor planet. Here to intimidate and rule us. I will not stand for this and I hope no others shall! Forrester will soon become like Vecna if his meglomania is not halted. I would prefer to see this realisation come of his own accord. If that fails, peacefully and if even that fails I will fight him with everything I possess! "

When this vision reaches Turrosh Mak, Kalden is ressurected as a sign of our friendship.

When this vision reaches Kas, his arm is restored.

And in the most whimsical use of 10th level magic ever:
Siobhan's dwelling is flooded with as many jewels and valuable things as I can create.(Care is taken that none within are injured)

If I can I also ressurect Melf & the Queen of Celene I will do so.

This one is sent to Forrester
"I have thrown of the chains of Darkness the blackness of evil. I will NOT become your lackey Forrester nor will my allies, I WILL NOT take new chains instead of old. I am free now and I will die to maintain it. Be wary outsider know that we of Oerth do not consider ourselves your lackeys. Cease the threats or you may find you have bitten of far more than you can chew! I make no threats, no demands. Beware Forrester lest you become Vecna the Second! "

Edit- I have to agree with Melkor and Maudlin this is ridiculous myself and my allies spent 3 turns and 100 PL on 10th level magic giving up everything for it and then this super-powered Torillian grabs it in 1 Turn. We may as well call these threads Forrester's overwhelming victory.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Kalanyr said:
I advise all against aiding Forrester in his race for 11th level magic

I advise them to not bother, he can do it himself in 2 turns, using just 50% of his forces :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases