(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
There is a version of that magic that is based on evocation.

It is a tremendous blast of white light, magic, and incredible heat.
That blast is so great it instantly evaporates the opponent, and his soul is blown backwards out of the vapors and burned away.

In 2nd Edition, there is no saving throw against the spell, although defenses like Prismatic Sphere will stop it, once (they will be destroyed stopping it.)
In 3rd Edition, it has a DC of 20 (not 10) + the spell's level (11) + any modifications.

It is a 10th level spell.
It's name is Melding Fire.

Easily learned by all of your thousands of mages, Kalanyr.

- - -

Nobody knows (including Yours Truly) just exactly how long it will be before Acererak achieves Apotheosis, if ever.
It depends heavily on what Maudlin does, and I cannot predict that.

It is likely to come sooner rather than later, is all I am reasonably sure of.
And that is what your Seers say IC, also.

- - -

I see Forrester had little sympathy for the Wanderer and his grim demise.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
"I am not pleased by the Torillians views the Wanderer was narrowminded not malevolent. He did not deserve that if I gain 11th level magic I will restore him to life."

Well lets get on with this IR. As long as Acererak can't use 10th level magic at will I don't mind I thought that was what you meant. Sorry Edena.

That was some surprise, does anyone else realise Ace just gained 20 PL from having an artifact?

Forrester

First Post
Wanderer, he's the Wanderer . . .

Why should I feel anything? He told nothing but lies about me.

My troops NEVER ate live elven children. NEVER. They made sure that they were dead first. I hate it when my food squirms on my plate.

And now that we're the buddies of the elves <shudder>, you'd think he could just forget about that unpleasantness. But noooooooooo.

So yeah, I'm glad he's gone. He was a blowhard. I wish Anabstercorian had blown him away with his Sunbusters earlier, frankly.

Forrester
Peacemaker

Festy_Dog

First Post
Silver Phase, the vampiric kobold, stands among everyone at the site of The Wanderer's demise. Bobo the dire bear hangs towards the back gazing with interest at the reactions of others.

Silver says from under his heavy cloak, "I will assist Kalanyr in performing The Wanderer's wish. Kalanyr and his allies of good alignment inspired me to force away my natural tendencies towards what the late Wanderer would call Unmaking. I know how much better it feels to have allies who won't stick a wooden stake into your spine and through your heart while you weren't looking. That is why I subsequently brought my peoples away from a way of life that would only lead to self-inflicted suffering.
I will also aid Kalanyr against Acererak, not only for all that we stand for, but on a personal level. If he achieves control of all undead it will obviously include me, and I will be reduced once again to the state of Unmaking, losing all that I have achieved personally in the months that this World War has been going on for. Should Acererak gain control of all undead, my trusted friend Khelarque will take my place. I just hope I am dealt with well enough to cause no trouble for you if said situation arrives."

Silver calls his party together and turns back to everyone to say, "Nonetheless, we must not let The Wanderer's passing slow our efforts. Kalanyr could be able to bring him back to his people if we give him the assistance he needs. I am getting straight back to what I was doing just before this happened, good luck and farewell to all my allies here."

With that Lenaurae teleports them back to their previous location, where they were discussing with Vaeregoth how they could help her best with one of her current objectives.

Maudlin

First Post
Hoo-wee, I see saturdays are not good days to leave the house :)

First off, I support any actions Edena took in my place. C'mon, someone that old who starts a sentence giving away the location/identity/master plan of the crimelord/corrupt police chief/archlich ALWAYS dies before finishing. Call it a 12th level Narrational Imperative spell.

True, the interlude was meant to be non-confrontational, but the wanderer isn't really a player. I am 100% sure that if I had asked to devour the temple janitor, Edena would have turned me down. He's been very fair in that regard, trying to keep it fun for everyone.

Also, I wouldn't be too worried about me 'winning' *just* yet, if you care to glance at the roster :) And if you're worried about the impotence of 10th level magic, go take a boat-ride on the Puddle of Horrors. You wrecked my impregnable home, just by stating a single sentence. That's plenty powerful in my book :)

I'll be catching up on mail and the map updates soon, Edena, haven't been home much. Sorry for the delay and missing all the candy :)

Edit - Red Goo: 0 (obviously :))

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Heh, I still want to know how you are hiding from 10th level scrying. :p

Boatride on the Puddle of Horrors? I would but its probably oozing negative energy into Oerth slowly killing everything going by our current destroyed things track record.

Heh and if you ditch the 200 PL of dragons you can have your home back and I'll resurrect those I killed in the catastophe (All PL less than 200 of them). :p Bet I know which you would choose.

Rhialto

First Post
The Disciple of Tharizdun snickers.

"Well, another one off to his great reward."

She glances at the group.

"You know, I agree you should keep an eye on Acerak, but if I were you, I'd be very careful in my support of Kalanyr. He has a real self-righteous streak, and now he's the guy with the biggest gun. I think you'd find his rule every bit as objectable as Mr. Skull's... And trust me, if he achieves 11th lvl magic, he will rule you. He won't put it that way, or even view like that, but it'll be the truth..."

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Interesting

Iuz smirks and waves a hand teleports his trusted general along with a small retinue of ten well trained warriors to the location to observe more closely...

Malachai watches the proceedings with keen interest a tall stout mortal, with dark skin and flaming red eyes, he is bald and dressed in crimson red armor... he and his retinue simply watch...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel laughs at the Disciple of Tharizdun.

"Kalanyr does not have the biggest gun. I do. And even if Kalanyr did acquire magic of the 11th order, he would still be no match for me - surely magic is more versatile than my current technologies, but my technology is more destructive than any magic that Kalanyr shall ever come up with."

"Not saying, Kalanyr, that I would fight you. Just saying as a way of comparison. However, if you manage to make those Tarrasques... well, I don't think that I could stop those."

Kessel laughs, and shakes his head. He then resumes his usual seriousness.

"God-Emperor. Kas. Union of Oerth, in general. We will stand with you, and fight the forces of Ace. We have had our differences, and this argument between us just now proves that. Perhaps, however, through the coming battle, we can prove to each other our true intentions. Please understand, of course, that we will not share our knowledge with you - but that we will hold nothing against you if everything you claim to be is proven to be true. All have a right to redeem themselves."

Kessel then looks to his allies.

"If the Union of Oerth allows the Wanderer's people to be removed to a safe location, then I will assist in moving them. I believe that it was the Wanderer's dying wish that they be removed from under the Union. We will do so through any means necessary, although war and fighting shall be an utterly last resort. Diplomacy is key here, ladies and gentlemen - not warfare."

Kessel then teleports out, back to the capital of the Lortmils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads