• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboom

First Post

load 'em up.

Last edited:

JohnBrown

First Post
Yet another day in the life of Rary....

Rary awakens from his sleep to find that world has gone mad on him once again. “I finally understand why Iuz behaves the way he does.” he thinks to himself.

After a shower, he decides that a shave is order. “The IBKSC has been ruled by the ancient long enough. A youthful appearance is what is called for these days….”

While he shaves he dictates the following letters:

Forsaken One: “Please accept my apologizes for overlooking your contributions to the defense of Ket. The IBKSC was in the middle of a power transition at the time, dealing with the Red Death, etc. It was merely an unfortunate oversight on our part. So let me now say, ‘Thank you’, your assistance was most timely and most welcome.”

“Please takes these 100 slave girls and 100 zombie servants as a token of our appreciation and gratitude”

To Althea in Dorakaa: “Yes, I imagine the undead are quite upset. He is what we plan on doing about it. Quarantine those that have contracted the disease. Those that are healthy will be brought here to the Bright Desert via Gates and Teleportation circle and safely housed in the necropolises here. The Bright Desert is far from the disease’s source of origin and little life exists out in those barren wastes so the chance of a carrier creature infecting them is mineralized. Many of these places are already warded verses good creatures, this is new plague seems to fall into that category. Hopefully that will be enough.”

“With thoses that are affected already, well simply have them file in to isolated “Disease Control Centers” place each other them in individual rooms and then have the Culture Officers, and Necromancer scientists cast Cause disease. Also, with a few the more expendable one, place many in a single room and open up a Gate to the Negative Material Plane. Exposure of that magnitude should cure this 'good disease'. If the treatment fails, open a Gate to the Positive Energy Plane to clean up the bodies, so to speak.

“Focus first on the powerful intelligent undead, and then work your way down by rank. We can always create more zombies and skeletons. The Red Death seems to still be providing many volunteers for the procedure”

To Alliance of the Crescent: “Touché, perhaps a little warning next time”

William Ronald

Explorer
United We Stand: The Oerth Alliance

Along the lines of battle, a new flag goes up alongside that of the Kevellond League and its member nations.

It is black with the eastern and western hemispheres of Oerth in the center of the flag. The halves of the world are bound by a silver gray infinity symbol. To the north of it are the northern constellations, including the Elder Griffon whose wing always poins north. Dwarven spelljammers are there, flying towards Oerth. In the southern part of the flag are strange constellations to most in the Flanaess. The prow of a ship points south and gnomish spelljammers are racing towards Oerth. On the western edge of the flag, in the northwest corner is a dragon curled in a crescent as is to strike. The constellations of winter are show as are the gith spelljammers, racing towards Oerth. In the eastern quadrant of the flag is another dragon, the spelljammers of the elves, and ships and citadels of the Sky League racing towards Oerth.

"Peoples of the Oerth Alliance, Nations of the Oerth Alliance, the hour is at hand. We stand as one with our allies. Battle is enjoined," the voice of Archcleric Hazen rings out.

"We ask those who would stand with us against Vecna to do so now! We are ready to fight for Oerth. We stand as One. For Oerth!"

The flags are raised with honor in the lands of the Kevellond League. In distant Suhfang, the flag is raised and Emperor Cho Je Pa-ser stands with a raised fist. The flag is raised in the Baklunish Confederation, in Esmerin, in Erypt and in countless lands.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
EDENA -- Is this one big Army versus Army battle, or is Vecna splitting up his forces to attack on different fronts (i.e., is Dagger one front, Turrosh Mak another front, and William the Third front)?

I will very definitely be getting involved in this war, but I need to know where Vecna is first.

And if my allies can state how many PL they have on each front (assuming they are kind of split up), then I would be most gracious.

But most importantly, I need Edena to answer my question.

Forrester

EDIT: Just looked at the map. It's kind of four fronts, kind of one front -- he's in the center, and pushing out in all directions, it seems.

I'm curious, Edena, as to how much PL he is pushing in each direction -- or whether you are going to run this battle as Vecna versus the Four Powers, and just kind of total up the PL on each side.

I will say this much -- 100PL-->50PL of Torillian forces, previously noted in my Turn 3 preparation email, will drop out of Realmspace to aid Dagger in the Welkwood.

Genetically engineered Humanoids w/machine guns and such.
Attack: 4. Defense: 3. Let Vecna chew on that for awhile.

I may send other troops, but I am waiting to see others' posts.

Forrester

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
EDIT: I have sent an email to you with the force distribution list...

My spell jammers have not done anything so far this turn except get high tech weapons fitted to the spelljamming mountains.

<ooc>
From here on out William can speak for my forces when I am not here. If he is not here then Turosh Mok can speak for my forces. I had not planned on being gone all day yesterday, so I figured it would be best to go ahead and state this just incase it happens again.</ooc>

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
To Kas, From the God Emperor

"Once again the world goes to war, mighty Kas, millions will die and nations will crumble into dust. The scales of good and evil in this war are balanced, any victory won for any side will be expensive. The Dark Union has the power to shift this balance significantly, we can give victory to either side, but that would be a mistake. If either side would win a decisive, easy, victory then the war will not be of much benefit to us. An easy victory, for either side, would tilt the balance too far and invariously against us of the Dark Union. But if they pay a high price for victory we will be strengthened. That must be the key to our strategy, to always do what would benefit us the most, without allowing ourselves to be manipulated. Neutrality is the wisest path, for now."
(/secret)

Uvenelei

First Post
ALRIGHT, WHO DROPPED THAT VIAL!?

Aurican sat at a desk in the heights of his mountain lair, taking a short rest from curing the masses of the Red Death. His trusted advisor Wallace stood at his side with mountains of papers.
"Reports are coming in sir; Venca's attack has begun", Wallace mentioned to his master in a subdued, hopeless tone.
"There's little we can do now, Wallace, save for having faith in our allies." Aurican answered.
Wallace shifted the mountain of papers in the arms. "We've found the person who released the experimental new weapon sir, and I'm afraid you won't like who it is."
"I believe you." Aurican grumbled.
"It was your granddaughter, sir", Wallace backed up a step as he unleased the bad news.
Aurican jumped to his feet, his massive oak chair flying backwards across the room. "Areilla?! How did she gain access to the weapons research program?" he roared.
Wallace cringed. "She wasn't allowed access, sir, but she found away in anyways. She told the guards after she was captured that her lover killed himself after finding out that he and his entire family contracted the Red Death. She wanted revenge, sir, and she heard about the new virus from someone".
Aurican fell back into his chair, which returned to it's original position just in time to catch him. He sighed and put his head down on the table. "I will go speak with her in a moment. For now, take a letter. To Rary of the IBKSC, my deepest apologies to you. I had not intended for the new virus to be released yet before warning my allies which would be hurt by it. I assure you that the individual responisble for releasing the virus will be punished harshly."
Wallace finished the letter as Aurican began to walk towards the large window facing out of the mountain range. Wallace walked towards the door, slumped under the weight of such grave matters. As he opened the windows and prepared to leave, Aurican looked of his shoulder as said in an off hand manner, "Oh, and Wallace, I belive it is a good time to raise the new flags."
Aurican watched Wallace straighten up and walk faster. He knew the old man was smiling behind the stacks of papers. "Yes sir!"

OOC: I'm heading out; Williams is in control of my forces, or whoever he hands them off to is.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
To: The God-emperor

To Serpenteye: "Indeed, neutrality is the wisest path. Yet with the host of Vecna going to war, I cannot stand back and wait! Myself and my honor guard will join this battle!."

With that, Kas teleports himself and his honor guard nearby the command unit of Forrester's legions, requesting to take part in the battle and assist the forces arrayed against Vecna.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
My forces will also join in the attack on vecna.

(This is probly the only post I will be able to make today, Willaim has complete control of my faction. Sorry, it's a busy weekend...)

Forrester

First Post
Fighting next to Kas is like drawing a big bullseye on my head.

But sure, what the hell. You're welcome at my side, Kas. We have a common enemy at the moment, and we need all the help we can get.

Forrester

EDIT: Signing off for an hour or two. But my forces are there, waiting in the pretty nicely fortified Welkwood, ready to kick some Vecna butt. Should be a good time.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads