(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 2)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO EVERYONE IN THE IR

Melkor has ACCEPTED the offer of the Dark Powers.

The Dark Powers are good to their word.
They set up a vast Domain, vast and empty for the moment, big enough to hold all those Crystal Spheres if they come pouring in.

Lord Melkor is pulled into Ravenloft. Not his Avatar ... HIM. The Deity.
Melkor, you immediately discover that the Dark Powers are stronger than Lord Melkor is, on their home turf.
In Ravenloft, nothing is stronger than the Dark Powers, be they mortal or deity.

I realize that Melkor is a Greater Deity, and normally would be able to leave Ravenloft.
However, for the purposes of this IR (and I have previously warned you, Melkor, that this was the case) I am considering that Melkor cannot leave Ravenloft.
Nor can Melkor scry out of Ravenloft.
Nor can Melkor communicate out of Ravenloft.

I'm afraid Melkor is reduced to waiting.

- - -

Melkor declared some of the Shade were going with him.
The Dark Powers smirk, and allow that - some of the Shade go with Melkor.
The rest, sit helplessly, along with the Shade City, waiting to be fried by Anabstercorian.

The Corrupted Allies of Melkor have put a Defense up over these Shade (public statement.)
The Corrupted Allies of Melkor are launching a Category 4 Attack against Anabstercorian, declaring a Coup de Grace against his defenseless Penumbral Hub. (public statement)

The Corrupted Allies of Melkor state that this is only fair.
If Anabstercorian is going to obliterate the Shade, then the return favor is just.

The Black Brotherhood does not get involved in this - the Black Brotherhood laughs until they choke.
Then they declare a Category 4 Attack against Venus's already weakened Emerald Order, stating that entropy is the ultimate end for all, and they will help the Emerald Order on.

The Angels, are attempting to discover who is launching the attack, with Red Goo, against those hundreds of Crystal Spheres.
They consider stopping that Power to be the most important thing that could be done.

- - -

TO EVERYONE:

Melkor has accepted the offer of the Dark Powers.

Melkor is now a Domain Lord of Ravenloft.

If you are pulled into Ravenloft, ALL OF YOU become Melkor's subjects, in his Domain (as I have previously warned time and again.)

You will immediately lose all your magic, since Melkor dictates what magic works and what magic does not work, in his Domain.
You will be able to use only that technology which Melkor allows to work in his Domain.

Guess what is going to happen to you if you are pulled into Ravenloft?!

I will repeat myself, from above:

YOU ARE IN VERY, VERY SERIOUS TROUBLE.

I hope, for your sake, that you can halt your slide into Ravenloft.

If not ... well, then ... it's Melkor's party, you are invited, and the invitation cannot be refused.

Rivalen sends a message to all powers in IR:

-I would like to announce that Shade decided to no longer follow Melkor- we are tired of his incompetence, not to mention the fact that he escaped and left his people in grave situation. We want to seek peace, unlike Melkor, we support Hazen`s proposal to cease all hostilities. As a prove of our good intentions we will destroy all our Red Goo.

Edena, seeing what happened, Red Army of The Shade 100 000 pl strong, joins whatever power has released Red Pudding( they know who).

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
SPECIAL RULING

Due to the extraordinary gravity of the current situation, I am temporarily awarding control of the following Powers to William (or anyone he specifically designates) :

The United Commonwealth of Toril (Reprisal, Forrester)
The Veiled Alliance (GnomeWorks)
The Kingdom of Ulek (Dagger)

This is a temporary designation.

William's character, Hazen, has been the voice of reason and peace since the start of the IR.

The UC has always embraced reason and peace. Although they have been in anarchy, they are smart enough to realize just how endangered they are, and they close ranks against that danger now. Their temporary, emergency leadership will work with William to halt the threat to their world and Crystal Sphere.
The Veiled Alliance has always embraced reason and peace (Athas style.) GnomeWorks is having computer trouble right now, and is unable to come online often - and immediate action is needed.
The Kingdom of Ulek has always embraced reason, and although they have not been peaceful they have fought to create a peaceful world. Dagger is having a very bad time IRL right now, and is unable to come online at all.

This takes effect immediately.
William make declare Attacks and Defenses for all three Powers, plus his own, for this day.

If William designates another person to play one or more of these Powers, they may declare Attacks and Defenses for Powers allocate to them, for this day.

- - -

I declare Hope Isle, Oerth, to be a second 11th Level Power.

Therefore, both Hope Isle, Toril, and Hope Isle, Oerth, are 11th Level Powers.

Alzem is in control of both Powers.

Alzem now has 2 11th Level Powers under his control.

This is effective immediately. Alzem may declare Attacks and Defenses for both Powers for this day.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
No they do not.
The Red Army of Luna has no idea who is throwing Red Goo at those hundreds of Crystal Spheres.

Melkor, you may declare the Shade are throwing a Coup de Grace Attack against the Red Army (hilarious, since Anabstercorian is throwing a Coup de Grace against the Shade ...)
If you succeed, the Red Army is destroyed.

If you fail, they become an 11th level Power under my control.
And they will remember who tried to kill them, who betrayed them, and they will be very unhappy with your Shade.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hmmm, interesting. Certainly not good, but interesting.

(Did any of the attempts to remove those balls actually succeed? Since any other action seems undoable by an equivalent length opposed action. )

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Edena, if William plays my people, does it mean my actions are over ruled. I have managed to be around to post my actions for every day before (one, two, three) and I intended to do so for day for.

I was away for almost a weekend, but I did post, did you miss it?

If I am not around, I agree William to be good person to run my people.

((Of course it was one pointless 11th level action, since everyone was taking it freely, and only confusion came out of it. I guess I am universally clumsy in doing anything worthwhile. ;) ))

I am posting my actions now. However, if you wanted me to step aside in favor or more active player, Zelda salutes you wishes you best saying goodbye.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO KALANYR

Kalanyr

Hmmm, interesting. Certainly not good, but interesting.
(Did any of the attempts to remove those balls actually succeed? Since any other action seems undoable by an equivalent length opposed action. )

ANSWER:

Oh yes, you are destroying those Black Balls of Evil Emotion by the millions.
However, the Power creating them is creating millions more.

By destroying the Black Balls with an hour's worth of effort, you could destroy about a tenth of them.
A whole day's effort would enable you to destroy them almost as fast as they were being created, with a 90 percent reduction in casualties.
If another Power were to HELP you, you could eliminate the Black Balls altogether.

Remove ads