(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 2)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO ZELDA

Zelda Themelin

Edena, if William plays my people, does it mean my actions are over ruled. I have managed to be around to post my actions for every day before (one, two, three) and I intended to do so for day four.
I was away for almost a weekend, but I did post, did you miss it?
If I am not around, I agree William to be good person to run my people.
((Of course it was one pointless 11th level action, since everyone was taking it freely, and only confusion came out of it. I guess I am universally clumsy in doing anything worthwhile. ))
I am posting my actions now. However, if you wanted me to step aside in favor or more active player, Zelda salutes you wishes you best saying goodbye.

ANSWER:

No.
I hereby reverse my Ruling.
Your Power, Zelda, remains under your control.

I will alter my statement above accordingly.

All I am doing is urging you to take council with William and the others in the Alliance of Oerth.

Things are really bad, and getting worse rapidly.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
I e-mailed my actions to you Edena.

Also, my 1 hour 11th level magic actions is to join Kalanyr's effort to remove the Black Balls.

((Since getting rid of that divination shield seem to bring no-good results, maybe this is the way.))

Their creator has managed to hide only too well, we don't trust all this conflicting information. We want results, not someone to blame.

Hopefully my prior research into Black Ball matter added something to our ability to counter them more efficiantly (we did spend 1 hour action on it, and divination was something that everybody seemed to get).

If so, I will gladly share information with Kalanyr.
If not, we just 'dispell' them with best of our ability.

Would you like to co-operate, Kalanyr?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Sure, Zelda.

My 1 hour action for Day 4: (Changing from Prior Action): Get rid of those accursed balls of Light.

Edena-What exactly does stealing a portfolio do by the way?

Edit- *Swearword* I just missed Edena again. :(

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE OFFER INFERNAL

ANABSTERCORIAN, PLEASE READ THIS.

Anabstercorian is interrupted out of his reverie by a Red Robed figure.

It is tall, human in shape (or, perhaps, illithid), shapeless under it's red robes, and it speaks in a soft mild voice.

Attacks do not affect it.
Psionics do not affect it, nor does magic.
It is not possible to determine what lies under the Red Robes.

If an attempt is made to touch it or tear the Red Robes away by force, the effort fails and the person trying dies ... or the system or magic attempting this is destroyed and/or fails.

The figure speaks:

Anabstercorian, we meet at last.
Anabstercorian, murderer extraordinare.
The Torilians seek you out. The Eternal Order, seeks you out. The Red Army of Luna, seeks you out.

The figure gestures in dismissal.

That is not important.
What is important is who you seek.

You seek Lord Melkor, Melkor Lord of All, Melkor the Supreme Lord of the Shade.

Melkor, who massacred your people.

Yet he has gone beyond your reach, Anabstercorian.
Now, he gloats in glory over his own domain, untouchable by those outside Ravenloft, having absolute power within his domain.
He has passed beyond your reach.
Even if you come to Ravenloft to fight him, you would be fighting him on his own land, by his rules, Anabstercorian.

You would be crushed.

The figure shifts, then speaks:

You know, as they all know, that this Crystal Sphere is being pulled down, inevitably, into Ravenloft.
You know, as they all know, that when this happens, you will be a subject to Lord Melkor, completely in thrall to him.
What do you think will happen to you then, Anabstercorian, Supreme among the Illithid?
What do you think will happen to your Penumbral Hub, and to your people?

The figure looks at Anabstercorian, the blackness where it's face should have been intense and utterly dark, as it speaks intently:

We offer you your own Domain, Anabstercorian.
Your hatred gives us the power to grant this to you.
In your own Domain, you would be the supreme power.
In your own Domain, you would determine what magic worked and what did not.
In your own Domain, you would determine how psionics worked.
In your own Domain, you would determine how technology works.

We would set your Domain directly next to Melkor's Domain.

Then, you could gather your Army of Darkness, and invade his Domain, and CRUSH him, Anabstercorian.
Crush him, and make ALL of his Domain, YOUR Domain.

(This would require that you Duel Melkor by the standard 11th Level Dueling Rules. If you won, you could then pull a Coup de Grace against him and his Shade. Of course, the opposite does hold as well.)

You would rule, Anabstercorian, instead of being crushed under the bootheel of Melkor, Melkor who murdered your people.
You could make him pay for all eternity for his crime.
There is no escape from Ravenloft except by natural death, and we ... (the figure chuckles) ... do not believe you would permit Melkor that generosity.

Our offer stands.
We will not lie to you ... once you come to Ravenloft, you do not leave again.
That is the price of our offer, and we say it openly, so that you will understand what you give up by taking this chance.

Then, the figure smiles, and Anabstercorian senses it.

There is ANOTHER Power in Ravenloft that just might help you overthrow Melkor, Anabstercorian.
That Power is run by one called Zouron, former leader of the Magocracy of Toril.
We believe he would side with you, against Melkor.

Thus, it would be the two of you against the one of Melkor.
You know those odds very well, and it is not hard to guess who would win in such a battle.

The figure gestures:

We make this offer, Anabstercorian.
Half of your people are still alive.
They will not be alive for very long - your impending coup de grace against the Shade has brought down on you the wrath of the allies of the Shade, and they intend a coup de grace against your people.

You have seen half of your people slaughtered.
Would you see the OTHER half of them slaughtered also?

We do not promise a paradise for your people, for Ravenloft is not a paradise.
Yet your people would live, and even thrive.
Death by natural causes allows one to escape from Ravenloft, so our imprisonment is not as complete as it is made out to be ... for after all, life is brief, and the Afterlife is forever.

If you accept our offer, you will be a Domain Lord, your people will survive, and you will have your opportunity to crush Melkor, like you wanted.

If you refuse, you will rage at Melkor in vain, for he has escaped you.
You will watch as your people are slaughtered, and the rest of your Penumbral Hub is destroyed.

Join us, embrace the Darkness, and we will rescue you, and grant you your chance at revenge.

The choice, is yours, Anabstercorian.

The figure awaits a reply.

- - -

TO MELKOR

The Dark Powers promised you that you would have total rule over all in the IR, did they not?
That would include Anabstercorian, obviously.

They lied.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Because of the combined efforts of Kalanyr and Zelda, the Black Balls of Evil Emotion are stopped.

That is, they are destroyed as fast as they are created.

There are no further casualties from them.

- - -

What is a portfolio?

Example: Sune, Deity of Realmspace (Portfolios: Love between all beings capable of love, Beauty in all things alive and not alive)

If you were to steal the portfolio of Love from Sune, she would be only the Goddess of Beauty.
Your PC would be the God of Love in her place, in Realmspace.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO ZELDA

Cheers, Zelda! :)

Thanks for staying.

The Alliance of Oerth needs you now more desperately than they ever needed you before.

That is not hyperbole or a joke - they are in real trouble.
To use a metaphor, the water is over their heads, the shore is far away, and they are starting to drown.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Re: THE OFFER INFERNAL

Edena_of_Neith said:

TO MELKOR

The Dark Powers promised you that you would have total rule over all in the IR, did they not?
That would include Anabstercorian, obviously.

They lied.

Of course they lied. Wasn't that like something very easy to notice before. They promised to make Melkor one offer, and one offer only. *Sheesh*, if that's not lying, what is? ;)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Edena. Just curious. Is there still going to be 12th level magic?

If so, how does people gain it, saying, how much PL does it take to reseach it.

With my PL, it's not going to be me, but I do have some thoughts in matter, so I wanted to check. We haven't been talking about such rules for a long time.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers to Zelda

Zelda

Edena, did you get my attack/defence e-mail?

ANSWER:

Sure did! :)

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Of course they lied. Wasn't that like something very easy to notice before. They promised to make Melkor one offer, and one offer only. *Sheesh*, if that's not lying, what is?

ANSWER:

Yes, but the Dark Powers were also telling Melkor the truth.
They have made Melkor the Domain Lord, and they do look forward to his torture and destruction of all the other Powers.
Furthermore, the Dark Powers have no intention of allowing Melkor to fall easily.

There is lying, the straight way.
Then there is lying by omission.
Then there is lying by inference.
Then there is lying by inneundo.
Then there is lying by relative comparisons.
Then there is lying by presentation.
Then there are about 50 other ways in which to lie.

The Dark Powers love lies. Not only do they lie, but they feed off of lies.
The Dark Powers are altogether ghastly.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Edena. Just curious. Is there still going to be 12th level magic?

ANSWER:

Yes. I do believe so. However, not in the way everyone is thinking.

- - -

If so, how does people gain it, saying, how much PL does it take to reseach it.

ANSWER:

It really cannot be researched right now.
To gain it by research would take thousands of years, even for an 11th level Power.

- - -

With my PL, it's not going to be me, but I do have some thoughts in matter, so I wanted to check. We haven't been talking about such rules for a long time.

COMMENT:

There is a race out there - a mortal race - that can withstand the Dark Powers, and which can leave Ravenloft.
They have the might to overcome the Dark Powers.
They are a warrior race.
They are summoned from within.
Can you guess who they are?

Remove ads