IRON DM 2021 Tournament

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Bwa-ha-ha, another split decision so far. That just says these are both strong entries again.

-rg
They both look far better re-reading them without my ultra-critical judge hat on. The creativity and movie-meshing of Gradine's entry also stands out more and the rough-cut nature of Neurotic's admittedly rushed entry doesn't hit me as hard. Need to somehow get to this space for the initial read since that's what I'm going for.

I guess I'm the mean, cynical hard-to-please judge of this competition (doesn't every show like this need one?) That said, I think I do 4 passes next time: one like the one I just did again that's what my first one is intended to do, second on presentation, third on playability, fourth on ingredients...

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I guess I'm the mean, cynical hard-to-please judge of this competition...

Ha! @Iron Sky just admitted that he's Simon Cowell!

I can't wait for his next judgment .....

You better hope that the next judge is blind and can't read what you turned in. I only have a limited number of words in my vocabulary, and not nearly enough to express how truly awful the experience of reading your entry was. If my judging criteria were to pass you on to the next round based on a failure to meaningfully use the ingredients, misuse the most basic words in the English language, and produce an adventure that not only doesn't engage the reader, but actively repulses them? Well, you'd be a winner.

But given that isn't the way I'm deciding this round, I have to let you know that at no point while reading your rambling and incoherent adventure did I find anything resembling a coherent thought, let alone a hook. Every person who accidentally stumbles across your submission is now dumber for having read it. I am not going to announce a winner, but simply state that you are the loser, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I have to wonder:

How is it possible that both of these entries have a character named Matthias? Is this a glitch in the Matrix?
I don't know of any specific meme, movie or series that would prompt that. Just a coincidence?

Remove ads