Iron dm summer champion announced!

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Wulf Ratbane said:
Nope... One original, eight clones-- making him the ninth iteration.

D'oh!

Shoulda known better than to try and trip you up on something like that....

Hey, are you going to GenCon this year?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
ehhh... Now is as good as it's gonna get.

Not terribly enthused about a 3rd place competition but I always enjoy the crafting part...

Wulf

Rune

Once A Fool
Wulf Ratbane said:
ehhh... Now is as good as it's gonna get.

Not terribly enthused about a 3rd place competition but I always enjoy the crafting part...

Wulf

Wulf, the suggestion was made some time ago by Nemmerle, and I think it's a good one. This allows for some recognition of the finalists who don't win the championship.

Because most people don't realize how hard it is to just get through round 2, it can be easy to forget the really good competitors that don't quite make it.

It'll be entirely up to the 3rd place finalist whether he wants to brag about it, or not (say, in a sig ;)), but, if you'd prefer to think about it a different way, look at it as you would a bronze medal from the olympics. Nobody complains when their country gets one of those.

But that's all secondary.

This also allows us to see another entry from the two competitors who were bumped in Round two. Which is good, because, by that point in a tournament, the competitors are usually (as it is in this case), quite good.

Also, I get to use more of my easy ingredient lists. :p

PS--maybe the title, "3rd place winner" is akward. How about something like "tertiary finalist?" :)

Last edited:

Remove ads