Iron Heroes - I have it in my hands!

EricNoah said:
If you feel like whipping up a low-level character or two and sharing here, that might be fun to see. :)

Hmmm.... maybe. :)

Capellan said:
That's not the whole story. Read death's door, page 186.
True.

You don't die at -10. You must make a Fort save each round vs. DC = your negative hp. (you lose 1 hp each round until stabilized).

Just noticed that the character sheet has an entry for spell failure % due to armor, even though it says in the rules, that armor generates no ASF.

Last edited:

so shields are how you get passive defense?

Excellent.

Thanks for the info on the executioner.

Now I'm wondering if the man-at-arms gets access to heavy armor or the armiger really is the only class that gets heavy armor initially.

EricNoah said:
If you feel like whipping up a low-level character or two and sharing here, that might be fun to see. :)
Dalan, 2nd level Executioner

Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 10.
Hit points 18, Reserve 18.
Defense: 18; DR 1d3/magic
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +5

Traits: Dexterous (x2)
Feats: Simple & Martial weapons, Light armor, Weapon Finesse 1, Weapon Finesse 2, Razor Fiend 1
Special qualities: Executioners Pool, Executioners Eye, Hindering Cut, Sneak Attack +1d6.

Attack: +7 MW dagger (1d4+1); Full attack +5/+5 MW dagger (1d4+1)

Skills (ranks): Climb, Jump, Swim, Listen, earch, Sense Motive, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Gather information and Disguise 5 ranks each. Survival and Tumble 3 ranks each. Use Rope and Ride 2 ranks each.

Equipment: MW dagger, MW light steel shield, MW studded leather armor.

Executioners Pool: Automatically 1 token each encounter, rises with level.
Executioners Eye: Make Sense Motive as Free, Move, Standard or Full ronud action. Opponent must oppose your roll, you get modifier according to type of action taken. If succesful, you get two tokens against that enemy.
Hindering Cut: Spend at least 1 token. If you hit, opponent must Fort save vs. DC 10 plus half your Exe level + Wis + tokens + sneak attack dice. If failed suffer -1 to attack and defense or 5 foot penalty to movement. Multiple cuts stack.

EricNoah said:
Hmm, so now I need to know about passive and active defense. Sounds like flat-footed vs regular AC in D&D parlance...

Passive: Natural armor, shields, size.
Active: Base defense, dex, Feats and Training, Shields (the ability to use the shield is active, i.e. the extra shield defense bonus from feats)

Staffan

Legend
Sorcica said:
Shiel Mastery feat chain makes shiels very useful indeed.
The feats I've seen in D&D to make shields more useful have all (well, almost all) been focused on using them as weapons (e.g. being able to shield bash without losing the AC bonus). Please tell me Iron Heroes understands that shields are defensive and that feats that make them better should primarily make them better defensively and not offensively.

Remove ads