IronDM 2009 - Signups Start Sunday

Nifft

Penguin Herder
This is just a fair warning and general discussion thread. The sign-up thread will be created this Sunday at noon (Eastern Standard Time).

What is Iron DM?
"An Iron DM tournament is a contest in which writers show their ability to turn a collection of random ingredients into a cohesive adventure over a short period of time."

For an archive of past tournaments -- which make for a great read -- see here:
http://www.aquerra.com/IRON_DM/main_archive.htm

Who can enter?
Anyone who is not a judge.

Who are the judges?
This event is organized by the Rat Bastard DMs Club, and judges are drawn from this membership. This year we have three judges:
  • Radiating Gnome
  • phoamslinger
  • Nifft

Questions?

Thanks, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hmmm... (thumbs up)

Is this the first ever 3-judge panel?
Each match will have a single judge.

Why do we have extra judges? To cover more total matches, should interest warrant. (Interest has outstripped capacity in many years.)

Cheers, -- N

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Each match will have a single judge.

Why do we have extra judges? To cover more total matches, should interest warrant. (Interest has outstripped capacity in many years.)

Cheers, -- N

That's cool. Actually I was kinda more interested in the notion of a 3 judge panel... although that would multiply the work, rather than simplify it.

Would you consider a 3 judge panel for the finals?

Does that break the IRON conventions?

Wicht

Hero
Its been a while since I've done an Iron DM. I'll be keeping an eye open for the sign up. I am hoping the contest is not edition specific. :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
That's cool. Actually I was kinda more interested in the notion of a 3 judge panel... although that would multiply the work, rather than simplify it.

Would you consider a 3 judge panel for the finals?
I'll certainly consider it, and we'll all discuss the idea.

IMHO it's a great idea, since we will have the least work -- and the most interest -- for the semi-finals and final round.

Its been a while since I've done an Iron DM. I'll be keeping an eye open for the sign up. I am hoping the contest is not edition specific. :)
Certainly not edition specific! Adaptability will win you points, while stat blocks are not a part of the contest.

Thanks, -- N

Remove ads