(IRR) The Rokugan IR Turn 0 (OOC Thread)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Welcome Omegium, good luck in the IR!

Cream -> I'll mail my stuff tomorrow. I'm exhausted at this moment, so I'll be crashing into my bed in a couple of minutes probably.

Creamsteak

Explorer
For trade, I'm thinking maybe:

All of the PL of every power you are trading with is added together. You gain 5% of that total in PL for yourself every turn you are trading with them.

If you have 6 allies, with 900 cumulative PL, and you trade with them, you get 45 PL next turn.

I think it will work...

Oh, someone asked about making an affect "instantaneous" a while back.

First, the spell must be made permanent at the usual cost (x5), then made instantaneous (x5). (costly, but undispellable).

Last edited:

Omegium

First Post
Well, at first I'd like some clan of faction that has at least some friends in the neighbourhood, so I can learn how to play the game. Any ideas?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Omegium said:
Well, at first I'd like some clan of faction that has at least some friends in the neighbourhood, so I can learn how to play the game. Any ideas?

Well depends on what you mean by Friends? Do you mean people you already know, traditional allies, or people willing to take you under thier wings?

If you go Bloodspeakers, you can expect Sollir and Darkwolf to work with you relatively openly I guess, though it's up to you and them in theory.

If you choose one of the clans... then it's still a possiblity that you could make allies with any other clans that share your drive.

If you want to be an "off map" power (meaning it you will basically get ignored until you force yourself into the IR by whatever means) you will likely be safer, but I won't allow you to start with as much power as everyone else (30 PL less for your cap I suppose). This is because any off-map powers in the beiginning of the IR will probably know if an attack is coming two months ahead of it, till someone learns a method to teleport thier entire armies.

Omegium

First Post
with friends I mostly mean: allies, so I have somebody who will help me cover my back while I am learning, and can give me some advice. And I'd rather just like a map power, off map seems rather boring to me. And something else: Do I have to make a PC, and on what power level?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Omegium said:
with friends I mostly mean: allies, so I have somebody who will help me cover my back while I am learning, and can give me some advice. And I'd rather just like a map power, off map seems rather boring to me. And something else: Do I have to make a PC, and on what power level?

Technically a PC is "optional" but they can be quite fun. If you start at levels 10-14 your PL is 1. 15-19 PL 2. 20 PL 3. Player characters are granted a great degree of DM favor, protection, and have moderately high Attack and Defend bonuses.

I recommend the Blood Speakers because they fall under the "necessary" side. They are larger (and therefore easier to work out) than the Ox clan and the Remnants of the snake (unless you want to combine them).

Last edited:

Creamy is everyone conformed to be active now and daily checking the boards? Since I see just the usual people post and not the new and some other faction players.

If Omegium decides to take the bloods I'd suggest mailing everybody and when you get a reply and a check assurance: Lets get it on!

Remove ads