• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan IR Turn 0 (OOC Thread)

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
Creamy is everyone conformed to be active now and daily checking the boards? Since I see just the usual people post and not the new and some other faction players.

If Omegium decides to take the bloods I'd suggest mailing everybody and when you get a reply and a check assurance: Lets get it on!
Eh... yeah I wanna start too. I should check all the templates and make sure I'm ready first though. Let's say... Thursday to start? That gives me 5 days to do what I want. I need to double-check all templates, prepare the opening post, and finalize claims. All that will actually only take me about 3 hours, so it's no big deal... but I want to make sure I prepare a quick reference table in excel for myself, so I can look up data on each player as it comes up.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
I've gotta fix my template and fill my last 10 PL hmmm, artifact or normal PL.. hard choise =]

Better hurry up and get decisive. It's monday. If I don't have all the fricken templates by tomorrow I'm going to totally ignore those players templates till after the turn is over. This is a game, but the fact that I don't have even half of the templates is going to be what stops us from having a turn 1. I need to update some things, but that's not anywhere near as important as the players giving me the ammo I need to start this thing.

Black Omega

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
OOC rules for Emerald test. These are only for flavor's sake. Dunno how Creamsteak would like to run it.

- Max two candidates per clan. The others are usually ronin. Which may mean they could be gaijin too.
- No artifacts allowed.
- No Clan Champions allowed unless they retire.
- No magic is allowed, only healing (which shouldn't be needed, cause it's dishonorable to harm the opponent) and only by the organizing clan. I may bestow this honor to another clan, though. Apply IC.

Tell me if you want the Unicorn to run the Jade Test too.

Oh, and BlackOmega feel free to correct me as always. :)
This looks just fine. Clan Champions simply can't do the role because it's a full time job and their first loyality is to their clan. But family Daimyo are allowed to compete, as Yasuki Hachi proved. Unlike some other tournaments, I've not seen anything that would suggest ronin would be allowed. Even less gaijin.

For thos interested, there is some fiction is from the AEG website that relates to the last Test of the Emerald Champion.

Macbrea

First Post
Wasn't the scorpion clan's return a result of a ronin winning a tourneyment, then claiming he was clan scorpion?

I will have to look though my books to see if I can figure out what story its from.

Remove ads