Is a new GURPS version in the works?

Jahydin

Hero
The one thing GURPS really did well as let me run games that felt realistic, so hoping they really lean into that to set it apart from the thousands of games out currently.

As far as unique IPs they could use (another strength of early GURPS), seeing popular video game settings would be neat. Last of Us, Fallout, Bioshock, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are just some cool ones that would work well.

BigZebra

Adventurer
I always wanted to run GURPS. As a kid I had the 2nd hardback and I loved that book. Loved reading all the complex combat rules and Advantages etc. But I never got to play it. And now it seems a bit "inaccessible". Also whenever I look at GURPS I can only find settings and rules book, but never adventures. I know adventures probably don't makes sense since they have so many settings/worlds. But it's a showstoppe for me.

darjr

I crit!
I always wanted to run GURPS. As a kid I had the 2nd hardback and I loved that book. Loved reading all the complex combat rules and Advantages etc. But I never got to play it. And now it seems a bit "inaccessible". Also whenever I look at GURPS I can only find settings and rules book, but never adventures. I know adventures probably don't makes sense since they have so many settings/worlds. But it's a showstoppe for me.
I think they recently started to correct that

dbm

Savage!
Check out the Nordlond stuff from Gaming Ballistic. There was a recent post highlighting how their range of products can help make GURPS Dungeon Fantasy more pick-up-and-play.

Doug also has a modern action setting in development which will be crowdfunded (I presume) sometime in the medium-near future.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Check out the Nordlond stuff from Gaming Ballistic. There was a recent post highlighting how their range of products can help make GURPS Dungeon Fantasy more pick-up-and-play.

Doug also has a modern action setting in development which will be crowdfunded (I presume) sometime in the medium-near future.
TIL Dungeon Fantasy is the GURPS version of D&D

Again, it seems like GURPS/SJG is missing the boat - no pre-packaged adventures except one sequel to the intro adventure in I guess the core rules?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
There's been three full adventures and a collection of two-page adventures, plus three encounter supplements.

But yeah, they probably should do more.
Hmmm, Not on the page I linked, which is the Dungeon Fantasy page on SJG's website.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for them?

Faolyn

(she/her)
Hmmm, Not on the page I linked, which is the Dungeon Fantasy page on SJG's website.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for them?

Mirror of the Fire Demon, Tomb of the Dragon King, Deep Night and the Star, and then 2-page adventures.

There's also two settings, Caverntown and Cold Shard Mountains, but they seem more like adventure locales than actual worlds.

Remove ads