Is anyone sticking with 3.5?

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'll certainly stick with 3.5 for at least a few months when some errata has been released and there are a couple more supplements. I'm DMing Savage Tide right now and there's still a lot of stuff to wrap up. I imagine the other game I'm playing in will stay 3.5 as well for similar reasons. We're pretty heavily invested in 3.5 books...

That being said, I'm totally going to try to get out to World Wide D&D Game Day! I'm looking forward to test driving the new system. :)
-blarg

lrsach01

Explorer
We aren't going to 4e in our group. We are in the middle of several campaigns that will take us well into 2010 so we have no reason to switch. Personally, I'll try the demos on World WIde Game day and at GenCon (assuming WotC goes).

GeorgeFields

Explorer
4e has no real appeal to me.
Although PathFinder looks good, I'll probably not be getting it, either.

I'll be sticking with 3.5 until I make my own bastardized version of it.

I have a few others that interest me (GURPS, WEG d6 Fantasy), but I don't know of any others in the area that play either of them.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My new campaign will be 4e, and I'll gleefully keep playing in Sagiro's 3.5 campaign for as long as he runs it (about another 5 years.)

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, I'm sticking with 3.0, if that counts. And, well, playing or DMing the occasional 3.5 game just because I can't get everyone I game with to accept 3.0 as the one true game of D&D. *scowls and shakes head in disappointment*

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
3.5 Until Pathfinder RPG ... all the way.

I'm starting a new campaign next friday. Rise of the Runelords

Last edited:

Piratecat said:
My new campaign will be 4e, and I'll gleefully keep playing in Sagiro's 3.5 campaign for as long as he runs it (about another 5 years.)

Do you forsee yourself being able to keep the two seperate or do you think some edition bias will creep in at some point?

Personally, I see no problem with playing both 3.5 and 4e if you have the time and are able to play multiple games (our group cannot, we get two sessions a month and find that we need to stick to one campaign in order to feel that sense of accomplishment) but it seems to me that there will be very few people mixing 3.5 and 4e in their gaming repertoire.

As I stated in my original post, we will be sticking with 3.5 for the forseeable future but I wouldn't be opposed to sitting in on a 4e game if I had the time, which I unfortunately do not.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I'll be sticking with 3.5 for the moment and then with whatever game I start afterwards will be a Pathfinder / Experimental Might / 3.5 crossbreed of AWESOME.

I might play in a 4E game at some point but I'm not dropping the money I did on 3.5 on 4E. That's just not happening.

Last edited:

Remove ads