Is anyone sticking with 3.5?

We are, indefinately.

We don't have anything against either 4e or Pathfinder (or any other game) and in fact play plenty of games other than D&D, but we

1) quite like 3.5. For that matter, two of us are still more in 3e than 3.5 even.

2) like lots of options; going to a bare bones approach after having so many splatbooks to choose from would be lame

3) don't like spending lots of money on things that we already have.

So yeah; no interest in switching to anything at the moment.

I do want to pick up the Pathfinder campaign setting, though. I might even use it with 3.5.

Mighty Veil

First Post
Yes, no, maybe...

I'm 1/3 way through those 3 Realms mega-adventures dealing with the Weave,so I'm 3e for the Summer. Another player, my co-DM is thinking to stick to 3e with his Eberron game till it goes 4th (of course it might be when 4e Eb comes out that he runs it again). Another player bought Ravenloft, so we have that still.

If 4e disappoints than I'm open to going back to 1e or 3e.

Arnwyn

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
With all the buzz surrounding 4e and PRPG, I'm wondering if anyone is planning to stick with 3.5 D&D and if so, why?
I'm yet another sticking with 3.x - for pretty much the exact same reasons as you listed.

No interest whatsoever in 4e or the Pathfinder RPG - though I will continue to pick up the Pathfinder adventures for as long as they are compatible with 3.5.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
My group and I are sticking with 3.5 for the forseeable future.

We play a number of disparate systems (CoC, M&M, True20, Castles & Crusades, and a BUNCH of other systems), and we generally don't mind shelling out money for a new system or supplement we want to try.

Intersestingly, no-one is interested in shelling out the money for a new D&D ruleset, but more than that, no-one is our group is interested in learning all the new rules inside-out.

We might adapt (or even switch to) the Pathfinder RPG, though. They're running through RotRL now, and the group really likes the feel of the world, and the flavor of the game.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Toric_Arthendain said:
I am aware of all the excitement of those who fall into the 4e camp and those who fall into the Pathfinder RPG camp. Let me say up front that I have no problem with those who plan to switch to 4e or those switching to Pathfinder. With all the buzz surrounding 4e and PRPG, I'm wondering if anyone is planning to stick with 3.5 D&D and if so, why?

So, anyone else sticking with 3.5 for the forseeable future?

While I love most of Pathfinder, I am not completely decided between pathfinder and 3.5 yet , and my game will probably end up being an hybrid.

Until I have decided, it is 3.5, but whatever the end result, it won't stop me from using their adventures and world.

Remove ads