• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is D&D 4E too "far out" to expand the market easily?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
ROFL. Now you're going for a personal attack. You're so smooth. I just can't compete. You're like Dorf on logic.
smiley-laughing.gif

ROFL. I'm dyin'! ROFL.

I see you're from the tubes.

rounser

First Post
Now you're going for a personal attack.
It's really not meant that way, it's genuine disbelief. I'm a fan of Professor Oppov*, generally, although I'll argue my corner alright, but I can't empathise with just handwaving away the importance of class and race names. There's just so much tied up in them, they imply and evoke so much.

[*Oppov = Other Person's Point Of View.]

Corjay

First Post
It's really not meant that way, it's genuine disbelief. I'm a fan of Professor Oppov*, generally, but I can't empathise with just dispensing with the importance of class and race names. There's just so much tied up in them, they imply and evoke so much.

[*Oppov = Other Person's Point Of View.]
LOL. You're surprised that I don't spend my time in the basement poring over books on the psychological effect of names?

ROFL. I can't stand it! Make him stop! ROFL.

Yeah, whatever flag-waver. In actual fact I hugely admire quite a lot of it, and am entirely sympathetic as to how the current design became that way, because it appeals to my symmetry-loving semi-aspergers logical geek side. Some of it's genius, and a lot of it looks like ideas I've championed in the past.

There's just a lot of bad flavour in the core hitching a ride with that well designed crunch, too much for me to overcome.

Oh really? Then rip out the Dragonborn and Tieflings! What are you waiting for? Don't let fluff stand in the way of a good game!

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
So, where is the idea that 4e will appear to younger folk coming from?

Probably from people who are old enough to be your dad. :D To me, a 39 years old gamer, 21 is young. :cool:

It's like my wife's grandma. She's 94. To her my mom, who's 71, is "younger folk". It's all about perspective, I guess. :D

/M

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Probably from people who are old enough to be your dad. :D To me, a 39 years old gamer, 21 is young. :cool:

You miss his point, I think. I believe he meant to illustrate that he is young and that he hates D&D, therefore the idea that D&D 4e appeals to young people is balderdash. Of course, what's really balderdash is the idea that his anecdotal experience is somehow representative of the entire age demographic across the globe.

Remove ads