Is The One Ring 2E Kickstarter going to break the records?

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/the-one-ring-roleplaying-game-second-edition? The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for...

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see!

d50bd7eebed917d3a7580064ed3758c7_original.jpg

The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for his Strongholds & Followers project (and a followup $1.3M campaign). The next highest was John Wick's 7th Sea at about $1.2M.

There were over 6,000 people who were following the pre-launch page for this Kickstarter, which runs for three weeks.

innerdude

Legend
Looks like they're going to go at least $300k, probably $400k beyond my initial estimate.

Wow.

I wasn't expecting "solo" rules as a stretch goal, but the fact that they brought Shawn Tompkin onboard to do them if they hit the goal is pretty awesome.

Laurefindel

Legend
I've got to say, the second Edition of TOR making it this far is really impressive.

But the Twisted Tavern project heading for 1.5 million? That blows my mind!

Reynard

Legend
I finally pulled the trigger. I just can't resist that glorious collector's edition.

I have a personal policy that I value entertainment at $5 an hour (roughly what you pay to go see a movie in America these days). If I enjoyed my time, then it was worth the investment. For TOR2 that is going to be about 32 table hours, or 8 4-hour sessions. Which I think is doable.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads