D&D General Is there a reason to visit WotC HQ?

dave2008

Legend
I'm going to Seattle soon for about 5 days and will have some free time. Is there any value or reason to visit WotC HQ? Is there a tour or anything worthwhile in visiting? Just curious if it is something I should look into or not. Thanks!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I'm going to Seattle soon for about 5 days and will have some free time. Is there any value or reason to visit WotC HQ? Is there a tour or anything worthwhile in visiting? Just curious if it is something I should look into or not. Thanks!

I've been myself, in an attempt to drop off a resume (I live in the area).

I do not recommend visiting. You get a tour if you're invited to a tour, you can't just show up and expect one (or even schedule one). It's also a big office building, not a theme park. There is a dragon in the entrance but that's it, and without knowing anyone you aren't going to get farther than that.

You have to remember that this is people's workspace, not a museum. The folks there do not want to be bothered by fans of D&D or MtG, they want to do their work to the best of their abilities.

It's also in Redmond (not Seattle proper) where there is nothing around particularly tourist-y, so you'll be driving there to see the entrance of an office and that's about it.

dave2008

Legend
I've been myself, in an attempt to drop off a resume (I live in the area).

I do not recommend visiting. You get a tour if you're invited to a tour, you can't just show up and expect one (or even schedule one). It's also a big office building, not a theme park. There is a dragon in the entrance but that's it, and without knowing anyone you aren't going to get farther than that.

You have to remember that this is people's workspace, not a museum. The folks there do not want to be bothered by fans of D&D or MtG, they want to do their work to the best of their abilities.

It's also in Redmond (not Seattle proper) where there is nothing around particularly tourist-y, so you'll be driving there to see the entrance of an office and that's about it.
Thanks for the reply! That is kinda what I assumed, but I wasn't sure. Thank you for confirming. I had pretty much given up on the idea because I realized I will be in the area during D&D Celebration and I imagine they really will not want to do any tours are that time!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
On the other hand, nearby Everett has the Funko Pop! museum, which is a pretty fun place to visit if you're into that sort of thing.

Remove ads