D&D General Is Wendy's "Feast of Legends" going to redefine promotional RPG's?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Yeah, but you would have to level up past being a Vehicon, or even worse, a Throttlebot.
Hey, the Throttlebots were great. I mean, original toys, awful, but in later years they've done stuff. Heck, Wideload ends up joining the Constructicons after Devastator sacrifices half of himself to save Magnaboss from being blown apart by Lord Imperious Delirious

Anywho, I think this is just a sign of weird promotional stuff. See also that KFC dating sim they put out

My opinion is WotC has got plans about a d20 Modern 2.0. and this should can be used in different types of franchises, as Transformers, or Fortnite: Save the World, and also easy to be adapted to videogames. But the d20 Modern suffer a special flaw I name "Cobretti effect", because the game is a survival horror as Silent Hill or a battlefield if PCs have got enough weapons and item. In the movie Cobra Brigitte Nielsen couldn't face the night slasher, only to hide and run away, but Marion Cobretti, played by Sylvester Stallone, with enough ammo, could kill all the members of the cult of the new dawn. In the first movie, Alien the eight passenger, only a xenomorph could kill almost all the crew but in the James Cameron's sequel they could kill dozens, maybe hundreds, with a remote-control sentry gun from other room. How should be the XPs reward if a monster is too easy or hard in certain adventures?

The epic-mock RPG could be used also like a "pilot episode" to try recover forgotten franchises, for example Inhumanoids or Princess Gwenevere and the jewel riders. But this also should be with some videogame hook, for example skins for Fortnite (mmmm, a skin of Pepa Pig, husks-slayer).

My own idea about a crossover between D&D and other Hasbro franchises is there is a demiplane, as a theme park created by the akashic record or collective memory. This place could be visited by the D&D PCs and they could meet famous characters from Earth's fiction, for example Robin Hood, William Tell, Ivanhoe, Black Arrow (novel from Robert Louis Stevenson), Miguel Strogoff, Black Corsair Sandokan or the Captain Storm (by Emilio Salgari). Some regions of this plane would be Earth for 1980's year, home of some Hasbro franchises, and other "guest artists", for example characters from Capcom videogames (Nightstalkers, ghost'n'goblings, Battle circuit, Captain Commando...).

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
"Is Wendy's 'Feast of Legends' going to redefine promotional RPG's?"

I think it's going the define, not redefine. I don't think we've ever seen a large scale promotional RPG for some other product.

That said, I don't think we will see one anytime soon again. At then end of the day, it's a gimmick, and instead of chasing and being johnny-come-lately following behind a well-done campaign, marketing agencies will find other, new gimmicks.

Yeah, but you would have to level up past being a Vehicon, or even worse, a Throttlebot.
I'm not sure I could handle the complaining that you have to use your action to make your pretender shell attack every round......

So for classes:

Warrior
Spy
Hunter killer/Tracker
Scientist/doctor (seems like there was a lot of overlap in the cartoons)
Demolitions
Shock trooper
Gunner
Prime (paladin/cleric, with subclasses similar to the other classes)
Galvatron-style warlock
Pretender (with subclasses similar to the other classes)
Combiner (with subclasses similar to the other classes)

I would probably leave target/head/power masters (not to mention minicons) as feats

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases